Chapter 19: Zack Cheats?

Brooklyn POV

After Zack dropped me off, I decided I needed a bath. The baby kicked a lot less when I did and it felt so relaxing. I had these cramp things every once and a while but it wasn't so unbearable. It felt like I was on my period but way worse. Now I'm starting to really appreciate my period. But as soon as I get it back again I'm going to hate it.

Even though it was only 4 in the afternoon, I was so tired. You know what, I'm going to sleep.

***

I woke up a minute before my alarm would go off. I'm so good. I turned off my alarm so it wouldn't go off. A normal person would use their phone and pick a decent sound to wake up to, but I'm me and use an ancient alarm so god knows how loud this shit is. I looked at my phone and noticed I had a text but I didn't bother reading it. If it was that important, that person would've called.

I got dressed in a floral, sleeveless romper and ankle strap pumps. The glory of high school is I can wear whatever the hell I want. I shoved pancakes down my throat and ran to my car. Because of the baby, I have to eat breakfast, before there was no such thing as breakfast. I drove to school listening to One Direction's new song, Drag Me Down. I became hooked the second I heard it. I like One Direction but I'm not obsessed with them.

I got to school before I knew it. I saw Zack and walked up to him. He saw me and his face lost a little bit of color. Weird.

"Hey Zack, you ok?"

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" he said nervously but also in relief, he was hiding something. I'll find out eventually, I wasn't going to try and force it out of him right now.

"Someone texted me yesterday but I didn't check it, was it you?"

"Yes." He answered way too quickly and again in relief. "I was just asking if you felt better but I can tell you are."

"Yeah I took a bath and went straight to bed. I guess you wore me out." I winked and he laughed anxiously. Now his hiding was bothering me. I mean he could hid it better.

I just walked away because I couldn't deal with his shit anymore. It might've been because I'm pregnant but I probably would've left him alone anyways.

I went straight to Tess as soon as I saw her. I knew Zack was following me but if I was with Tess he would leave me alone. They still didn't like each other but tried to get alone for me.

"My beautiful B. Davis, how've you been doll?" she asked when she saw me.

I was about to answer when she interrupted me "What did Zack do? And don't say nothing, I know it's not nothing, he's staring right now" dang she's good.

"I don't know T. He's acting really weird right now. He was fine yesterday but today he's acting very distant. He's definitely hiding something but I don't know how to ask."

"Oh honey. You just need to catch him in the act and call him out on it. Just asking him is going to get you absolutely nowhere. It's the same with all boys. They're all genetically the same."

"Thanks T. Oh, did I tell you we picked a house, but now I'm not so sure if we're going to be together. I hate it when people hide things from me."

"That's great B. Davis. I'm so happy, finding a house wasn't as stressful for you as it is for most people." She lowered her voice so people around us couldn't hear her, "You're pregnant so you really don't need any extra stress."

"Oh! The baby finally kicked." I said in the same low voice but excitedly. I loved talking to Tess about the baby but that doesn't mean I want the whole school to know I'm pregnant.