Chapter 16: Boy or Girl

Brooklyn POV

Life without Zack really sucks but there's nothing I can do. If he chose to leave then I'm not going to stand in his way. It's not like I expected him to stay. I know he misses sex and sex with Ally but I can't give him that. I know it's safe to have sex while pregnant but I want it to mean something not a ticket for Zack to decide to stay. Our relationship should mean more to him than that but I guess not.

Now it's time to move on. I'll ask Tess to set me up with someone because I can't get the right guy and she knows me better than anyone so it's not like she'd screw up bad. I don't know if anyone would date me because I'm almost 18 and pregnant with some guy's baby. Now it just hit me, I might die alone. No one would want to marry me. Doesn't matter anyways, I'll have my kid and I'll always have Tess.

I still haven't told Tess about what happen with Zack a few weeks ago. I know she's going to say I told you so but it's not like I doubted her, sadly I believed her, only wishing she was wrong. It's not like I'm pretty enough for Zack and in a few weeks I'm going to be huge. I have a doctor's appointment today after school. There's no way I'm letting Zack go. At this point I just need to forget about him.

Friday is the last day for seniors and its only Monday. Only a few for days to go. The best part is the teachers decided they didn't want to give us finals so we don't have finals! I've managed to avoid Zack for a few weeks but he stares at me all the time and always has bags under his eyes. No one knows we were together and no one knows I'm pregnant. At school I still wear by big t-shirts and sweatshirts, I'm very comfortable but it doesn't always look the best.

Lunch finally came and I walked from the science wing to the cafeteria. I spotted Tess at our usual table and went over there. I walked passed Zack and of course he was watching my every move. Mike was staring at my sweatshirt covered stomach so Zack told him I'm pregnant and maybe what happen a few weeks ago, honestly I didn't care. Before I knew it, I sat down in the usual chair. I looked down at my food disgusted, I will definitely not miss the food. It's so unnatural and don't even get me started on the taste. I had the worst timing going to throw away my untouched food, Zack was there.

I threw my food away extremely fast, hopefully he didn't notice me but he's always staring at me so he probably saw me get up. "Brooke."

"Don't." I went away from the trash cans and back to Tess. I was not in the mood for whatever he wanted to tell me.

"B. Davis, what's going on with you guys?"

"We're done. You were right, T. Congratulations." I got up from my seat and started walking to English, even though I absolutely hate English and was never in a hurry to get there also there was about 15 minutes left of lunch.

Apparently Tess followed me even though we have English together. "Brooklyn!" Oh no. She never calls me Brooklyn unless I'm in big trouble. "What the hell is your problem?"

"My 'father' is back and Zack and I had a huge fight a few weeks ago so we're done. I feel so miserable, I miss him so much but I know I can't have him. He wants sex and I won't give him that."

"First, why the hell didn't you tell me that weeks ago, we don't keep secrets? Second, why is your dad back? Lastly, Zack loves you, even a blind person can see it. There are rumors all over school that you guys are together and people ask me all the time if it's true. He's completely changed so I know for a fact that he doesn't want you for just sex. Honey, you have to go fix it. Both of you have been so miserable and there's a simple solution."

"I'm sorry Tess, I promise I was going to tell you at lunch, I was just so embarrassed. My father came back the about a week before we had the fight. I'm really sorry I didn't tell you sooner, it was just too humiliating."