Chapter 36: Telling Everyone Else

Zack POV

I woke up the next morning in with Brooke in my arms, cuddled up into my stomach. Her back against my stomach, with my arms around her waist, and our legs entangled with each other. Her left hand was around my right bicep, giving me a perfect view of her shiny ring. The ring looked cleaner and shinier than how it looked before she left. But then again I don't remember much of what happen before she left. I didn't expect her to leave so I didn't exactly take notes on everything about her and what everything looked like.

As pissed as I still was, I needed everything to go back to normal. But I don't know how. She was gone for almost 9 months and while we were together, she was pregnant.

In my head, the first step back to normal is breakfast. Whoever was up first always made breakfast. Honestly, I was probably the worst cook in the entire United States but Brooke always ate whatever I made without complaining.

I slowly untangled myself from her and quietly slid off the bed. I went over to the dresser and picked up a clean pair of boxers and put my legs into the wholes and slid them up my legs. Probably the only reason I have clean clothes is because of Tess and Mike. Tess made sure I was ok and not getting totally drunk while Mike would yell at me for sitting around feeling sorry for myself instead of getting on with my life. He made sure I wasn't over Brooke but he didn't want me to obsess over her either.

I tip-toed down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. I went to the cabinet that Brooke called 'the dry-ingredients cabinet' beats me why but she does. I grabbed the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. I placed all the ingredients on the island and went back and opened the cabinet on the left to get a large bowl. I set it on the island next to the dry ingredients and walked over to the fridge to get what I needed from there. I looked for the carton of milk till it hit me that I was staring and it, I also grabbed an egg.

I measured all the dry ingredients and dumped them one by one into the large bowl. I picked up a small glass bowl to crack the egg into. I've been Brooke crack the egg on the counter then empty the insides into the bowl, so thats what I did, or try to do. I grabbed the egg and tapped it ever so lightly on the counter, no crack, nothing. I did it again but just a tad bit harder and still nothing. I got pissed and hit in kind of hard on the counter. The yolk and the whites went all over the counter. Well my bad, hit it too hard I guess.

I could hear someone laughing so I looked up to see Brooke standing in the doorway ready to fall over from laughing. She pointed at my stomach so I looked down and noticed I had raw egg all over my stomach.

"Zack honey, you want some help?" she asked in between laughs.

"Funny funny. Can you crack this stupid egg?"

"Of course my little chef."

On the way to the island, she went to the fridge and got another egg. She tapped the egg and dump the insides into the bowl in less than 10 seconds. I just stood there with my mouth open staring at her.

"Close your mouth. A fly is going to fly in." she said with a smirk.

I slowly closed my mouth and swallowed, but kept staring at her. I have no idea how she does it.

Her phone started ringing and she looked at the caller id and her eyes widened.

"I uh need to take this call. I'm sorry, I'll be right back."

She talked to the misery person for a few minutes but I couldn't make out anything she was saying, it was all mumbled. Her voice started escalating and the one thing I heard perfectly was "Look Alex, it was a mistake, it was never supposed to happen and I told you to forget it ever happened. I'm engaged to someone I love so much and I'm not in the mood of messing it up."