Chapter 12: First Date

Brooklyn POV

I feel like I'm on cloud 9 right now. Having Zack as my boyfriend is absolutely amazing, well he hasn't officially asked but I have a feeling he will soon. He hasn't even taken me out on a date yet, should I be worried? Tess has been really supportive of us being together however she still isn't a big fan of him. Other than Tess, no one knows about the pregnancy or us being together. Speaking of pregnancy, I've been craving bananas and Nutella and pickles with something, I don't know why but I am. My mom is getting a little suspicious but she would never think her perfect daughter would be pregnant and still in high school. I feel like I let her down by getting pregnant at such a young age. I know she has always dreamed of me going to college and getting a psychology major. Helping people is something l love doing. Freshman and sophomore year I went to Nicaragua to do some volunteer work, it was really a lot of fun, sadly I couldn't go junior or senior year. My sister, Melissa, is coming home for the weekend for some exciting news, I have absolutely no idea what it is but I hope its way better than my news.

Thursday night homework was never fun. Some teachers felt bad for giving us homework over the weekend so we always got a ton on Thursday. I'm happy about not having it over the weekend, on the other hand, I hate doing homework and having so much of it. My phone started vibrating like crazy, Zack, of course, isn't going his homework so guess who's bothering me.

"Don't you have homework to do?" I asked even though I know the answer.

"Homework. Funny. There's no way in hell I'm doing my homework. I don't get half this shit anyways. I need a tutor and I have an amazing individual who would tutor me." Just the answer I thought. I really hurt that he didn't call me his girlfriend. I wouldn't consider myself his girlfriend anyways because my mom always said "until he asks, it's never official", I really wish he would ask already. "Brooklyn? You there?"

"Huh? Yeah, I'm here. Just thinking." Wasn't lying.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"Pregnancy and that kind of thing. I've been craving pickles and peanut butter or pickles and ice cream. I don't even like pickles. Do you like pickles?" I said really fast.

"Are you kidding? Pickles are the best."

"Gross"

"Ok, I didn't call to talk about pickles. How would you like to hang out tomorrow night?"

"Is that seriously how you're asking me to go on a date with you?"

"Yeah." He was more questioning his answer than sure of it.

"Ok, I'll go but never ask me like that again."

"Alright Brooke"

"I gotta go. Unlike some people I have homework to do." Before I could hear his response, I hung up. Hopefully tomorrow he finally asks me to be his girlfriend.

***

School joy. I was really lazy this morning so sweats are what I decided to wear on this joyous occasion, note the sarcasm. Gotta love sweats. Tess was already at our usual table, therefore, making my life easier, no need to run around this stupid school looking for my best friend. I had to tell her my pregnancy update, Melissa coming, the date, Zack not asking me to be his official girlfriend, my mom's suspiciousness, and...

"Spill" I looked up and noticed Tess was staring at me.

"Huh" how does she know me so well?

"I know the thinking look. What's new with B. Davis?"

"Well, we have a month till school ends and I would love this pregnancy to stay a secret. I'm just really scared someone is going to find out somehow and tell the whole school and I'm going to become the whore that got pregnant. Well, I already am but when people find out they're not going to let it go. Remember the mess with Ally"