Chapter 23: Before We Leave

Brooklyn POV

Melissa and Ian's wedding is in a few days and I have absolutely no idea where it's going to be and neither does my mom. All we know is the guys bought plane tickets for us and its on the opposite coast. Melissa told everyone else but my mom and I know where it is. She's so desperate to make sure we don't know that she gave us "special" invitations and put on the actual invitation no one can tell us. The fact that everyone else knows is really starting to bother me. I've asked Zack about a thousand times but he keeps telling me it's a secret but I'm going to love it. Sometimes I want to kill him for not telling me but then I wouldn't have a date so I have to keep him alive. To make it even more secretive, Zack is packing my stuff and Melissa is making moms stuff. Melissa and Ian also rented a private jet so we wouldn't know where we are going. Actually, Ian got it so Melissa wouldn't know where they are going for their honeymoon. So many secrets in this family.

Tomorrow is a long day for all of us, we have an early flight to mystery place, and then we have to check into the hotel, then get ready for the rehearsal dinner. To make everything even better, I still haven't written my speech so while Zack is packing our stuff that's what I get to do. I've looked at computer screen for about an hour and absolutely nothing has been written. After hours of staring, my phone goes off. My savior.

"Hello?" I answered without looking at the caller id. I should really start looking.

"Yeah hey what are you doing?" thank god, just my sister.

"Not writing your speech last minute?"

"Shocker. God I knew you were going to do that. Well because I'm so nice, you don't have to do it anymore b-"

"Oh thank you so much. This stupid thing is stressing me out so much."

"You didn't let me finish. You have to do it during the reception after the wedding. My own sister has to do it then and I really don't want a last minute speech. I already told Zack so he can make sure it gets done and sounds perfect. You better not screw this up."

"Thanks Mel. You know, Zack isn't my parent he's my boyfriend. Oh, I never asked, who's walking you down the aisle?"

"Ralph. I asked him a few days ago and I've never seen him so happy in my life. Anna was thrilled too."

"Dang it. I wanted to be the first to Ralph. "

"Too bad. If you want to get married then tell Zack you want to get married eventually. But don't make it stand out or that will scare him off."

"I just got out of high school. I'm not getting married anytime soon. Well I have to go, I need some snacks for the plane ride tomorrow. Since no one will tell me where it is, I have to get enough food that will last me at least 8 hours."

"God you're pathetic. Have fun." She hung up the phone.

At least now I don't have to write a speech but sadly I'll have to do it eventually. I feel bad that it's taken me this long to write nothing. I want my sister's wedding to be perfect but it's a lot of pressure to give the perfect speech and I hate talking in front of people. It just horrifies me.

I got up from my chair to try and find Zack. I found him in the bathroom staring at my leaning tower of makeup. I should really organize that soon. I'm pretty sure he's trying to figure out what make up I need and about a second later, he took a whole foods bag and dumped all my make up in there. "She better like something in there." he mumbled to himself. It was so funny to watch him struggle with simple make up.

"I should be good with that. Thanks Zack. But I don't think it's worth dragging all that." I said as I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his back. We had a big height difference so my head ended up on the middle of his back.