Chapter 21: Moving Day

Brooklyn POV

Tess and I got back from our trip to the beach house a few hours ago. We promised no boys and that was probably the best decision we ever made. Zack wasn't too happy that I was leaving for the weekend, which turned out to be two weeks. It was probably the best two weeks of my life. We spent most the time on the beach or watching movies. Thankfully, Tess was so supportive with the pregnancy and me not being able to do a few things. There was a bar not too far from the beach house that we always went to every time we went to Redondo but we didn't get to go this summer. I felt awful about the whole thing but Tess didn't seem to care, I even asked but she said she wanted her pregnant friend to be at least 100 feet away from any alcohol, her words not mine.

Currently, Zack and I are cuddled up on my bed watching The Longest Ride on the laptop. Everything is in boxes for the big move tomorrow. While I was gone, Zack officially made the house ours. I'm so happy that we finally have a house together. Running back and forth between houses wasn't as fun as it sounded, it doesn't even sound fun.

"Hey Brooke, I never asked, how was the trip?" Zack asked when the credits came up signaling the end of the astonishing movie.

"It was wonderful. We went to the beach and went shopping. We went to a nightclub but Tess freaked out about how much alcohol was there so she turned us around very quickly. We just stayed at the beach house. Sorry we stayed for so long, we haven't had a drama free week for who knows how long."

"It's ok, I'm happy you got a break and got to have fun. I need to go thank her for kicking you out of a nightclub."

"Hilarious. We have to go to bed, long day tomorrow."

He hopped off the bed and put the laptop on the desk so we wouldn't roll on it during the night, even though we sleep practically on top of each other. As he walked back to the bed, he took off his shirt, revealing his tight abs, and his sweatpants, leaving him in boxers. He got back on the bed and tangled his legs with mine and draped his arm over my swollen belly, rubbing it occasionally.

"Goodnight love." He whispered in my ear.

"Night Zack." and I drifted off to sleep.

***

Surprisingly I woke up before Zack so to be the amazing girlfriend that I am, I decided to make breakfast. Since my mom wasn't home I could walk around0 in whatever the hell I wanted, a bra and underwear is good enough. I turned on the playlist on my phone and Dreaming of You by Selena came on. I haven't listened to this song in forever. While flipping pancakes I sang along, losing myself in the music.

"Late at night when all the world is sleeping

I stay up and think of you

And I wish on a star

That somewhere you are thinking of me too

'Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight

'Till tomorrow, I'll be holding you tight

And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be

Than here in my room dreaming of you and me

Wonder if you ever see me, and I

Wonder if you know I'm there

If you looked in my eyes

Would you see what's inside?

Would you even care?

I just want to hold you close

But so far, all I have are dreams of you