Chapter 26: Coming Home

Zack POV

I went to the basement to cool down and banging on the door was actually starting to hurt my fist. I wanted to explain to her that I went to lunch with Ally to tell her to leave us alone but I wanted to tell her face to face, not through a close door. I would never even consider cheating on her but I guess because of her sorry excuse of a father, she thinks every male on the planet is going to try everything they possibly can to hurt her. I want to be the one to teach her that's not true, but that girl is so stubborn. There's always stories about the girl changing the guy but I want it to be the other way around for us, I want to be the guy that helps the girl.

It's been a few hours so she's probably calm by now so I can go talk to her and reassure of the situation. I walked out of the basement and noticed all the lights on the main level were turned off, I don't remember Brooke or I turning them off when we got home. I continued my journey upstairs and I finally got to the door. I knocked before entering, she was probably asleep but just in case. I turned the knob and walked it, it was dark, so she's asleep I guess. As I walked in, I flipped the light switch so I could see where exactly I was going. From there, I walked over to the bed and noticed a bright yellow stuck to the white covers. I found it odd that she wrote me a note even though she was home. I flipped the note over and read its content.

Zack,

This isn't going to work anymore. I'm leaving and I have no idea if I'm going to come back. Please drop off the rest of my stuff at my mom's house. I want to raise this baby on my own and maybe one day you can meet her but I don't know. Just in case you have any doubts, you are her father. I didn't sleep with anyone 6 months prior and you're the only person I've had sex with since I got pregnant. Please don't look, ask, or try to find me. Good luck at your new job.

Brooklyn.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to think. I couldn't move. I can't live without her and my unborn daughter.

I looked over at the object that was reflecting the light off of it. It was her engagement ring. I started to panic and ran to the closet and swiftly ripped the door open. The only thing in there was my clothes and clothes she couldn't fit into anymore. I ran to the garage and saw her car was gone. Then it hit me, she really left and wasn't ever come back.

I went back inside and dragged myself the the bar that was in the basement. The previous owners of the house left some hard liquor in the bar. I grabbed the first bottle of scotch and chugged it down my throat. I didn't care that it felt a stinging sensation in my throat, I wanted to get wasted and forget everything. I know she'll change her mind and come home, then yell at me for getting wasted. Or maybe not.

Brooklyn POV

It's been a month since I've been at Melissa's house. I'm due I think in a few months, I honestly can't remember. The only time I leave my bed is when I need to go to the bathroom. I don't volunteerly eat, Melissa or Ian have to force me to eat a bite of something. I mainly eat so I can keep my baby alive. My mom wants to come to Seattle but Melissa convinced her not to since she has everything under controland my mom has to stay and work.

Melissa comes into my room, well the guest room,  bearing some food. Eating wasn't something I currently enjoy but I love my daughter already and I want her to be happy and healthy. But then I think that she won't be happy because she no longer has a daddy because I took that away from her. I start to cry all over again, because you know I haven't done that enough today.

Melissa pulls me into her lap and starts rubbing my back, trying to comfort me. "Shhh honey, its going to be ok. You're going to be ok. The baby is going to be ok. Please stop crying, I hate seeing you upset."