Chapter 5: The Morning After

Brooklyn POV

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. I felt like I was just hit with a bus. Now I remember why I hate parties: hangovers. I looked around the room I was in and noticed I wasn't in my bed nor alone. Who am I with and what did we do last night? The unknown person, with a very toned and muscular body turned around and I could see the face, oh dear god it's Zack. I somehow got played by the player.

"What the fuck? Why are you in the same bed as me? What happened last night?" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Brooklyn calm down. Nothing really happened last night except you got super drunk, we slept together, and you might be pregnant." He said calmly, like it was no big deal.

"Are you kidding me? Calm down? You just said we had sex, how can I calm down? Wait, what the hell did you say about pregnant?" I yelled some more, even though he didn't seem to give a shit.

"I forgot to use a condom and I don't know if you're on birth control so you might be pregnant."

"Please tell me you're kidding. I can't be pregnant. And how the fuck can you forget to use a condom? You've had sex about a billion times."

"Sorry to disappoint you, I haven't had sex that many times. I'll go buy you a pregnancy test."

"Seriously that's the only thing you pick up"

"What else did you want me to pick up?"

"You're a fucking moron. How could you use a condom?"

"Sorry I was caught up in the moment. You were so drunk and all over me."

"Wait you were sober?" He just looked at me, no answer. "Are you fucking kidding me? God I can't believe you took advantage of me being drunk. Go get me the damn pregnancy test. I'll be at my house"

***

I decided walked home since it wasn't that far and I needed to clear my head. What if I was pregnant with the player's baby? I can't be a single mother at 18. Well if I am pregnant then I would be 19 when I have the baby. Before I knew it I was home and felt really nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Brooke you're not pregnant, you're just throwing up from being really drunk last night. I really hope that's true.

While I waiting for Zack to come with the pregnancy test I had to call Tess.

"Hey T"

"B. Davis what's wrong? Talk to me B" I love my best friend so much how could I tell her I slept with the person she told me to stay away from "B? You there?"

"Yeah T, I have something I need to tell you..."

"Brooklyn Davis, you're scaring me. What's going on? You can tell me anything, I promise I won't ditch you, no matter what it is."

"Ok. Here it goes... I slept with Zack and I..."

"You what?" She screamed "I told you to stay away from him. When and how did this happen? And finish the sentence." She asked more calmly.

"You said this party was going to change my life, well you were right. We think I'm pregnant. He's at the store buying me a pregnancy test right now."

"This is all my fault, I shouldn't have taken you to that party. I can't believe he got you pregnant. If you are pregnant I will be there for you 125%, ok B? Everything is going to be ok. Just take the test and let me know the results, we'll cross the bridge when we get there"

"Thanks T. I'll let you know. Love you and thank you for being such a great friend."

"Brooklyn I got the test!" Zack yelled from downstairs.

"He got the test. I'll call you after I take it. Bye T"

I hung up the phone and anxiously went downstairs. I snatched the test from Zack's hand, ran to the bathroom, slammed the door, and took the test. That was the longest three minutes I ever had to wait. I flipped the test over and saw the best words of my life 'not pregnant', thank fucking god, I can't be pregnant at 18.

Since I took the test I had to call Tess back. "T, great news: I'm not pregnant"

Tess sighed it relief "That's sadly the best news I've heard in a while. B. Davis, you need to learn from this, be careful."

"I know, I will. Thanks again T"

"Ok, bye B, I got things I need to do now" She hung up the phone before I could respond. Hopefully nothing too bad will happen to Zack.

"Brooklyn? You ok in there" Zack asked. Sounding almost concerned. No he would never care.

I opened the door and threw the test at him. "Don't you fucking dare go anywhere near me again. Get the fuck out of my house." He glanced at me one last time then left.

Zack POV

I can't believe it, she's not pregnant. I was sort of hoping she would be pregnant but then she would probably despise me even more than she does now. For some weird reason I thought after last night I might have a chance with her, but now I definitely know I ruined whatever chance I had with her when I decided to sleep with her.

I had to call Mike to tell him the good news. Or was it bad news?

He answered on the first ring and bombarded me with questions. "How did Brooklyn take the news? Is she pregnant? Are you going to be a father? Are you going to leave her, if you are I'm coming over right now to chop off your dick? Are you getting married? Do you think you would be together?"

"Hello to you too. She didn't take it well at all, she spent the entire morning yelling at me, but I don't blame her. No, she's not pregnant. And I think I ruined whatever change we had of being together."

"Good that she yelled at you. I don't care that you're my friend, you deserved it. Why are you so sad about her not being pregnant?"

"I was sorta hoping she was"

"Are you mental? Why on earth would you want her to be pregnant?" he shouted.

"I love her and I want her to carry my baby, no one else's."

"Who the fuck are you? You would fuck any girl that came your way, now you're saying you love someone. Are you ok?"

"Actually I am. I'm gonna give her some space for a few weeks then confess my feelings even though I know it's not a good idea."

"Give her some space and maybe in a few weeks you can tell her. I have to go. Bye Zack, don't do anything stupid. Got it, good. He hung up.

What have I done?