Chapter 38: A Test Outside Of School

Start from the beginning

I finished throwing up, Zack handed me a hand towel to clean my face, and I went over to the vanity and sipped some of the mouthwash to make my breath smell way better than it does right now. I spit out the mouthwash and cleaned my face again.

"Hey, you ok?" Zack asked, while I cleaned my face.

"Yeah, I think the oranges went bad or something like that so don't drink it." I walked over to the desk and picked up the glass and went back to the bathroom to dump the remaining juice. I felt bad emptying the glass but there was no reason to poison anyone else.

We walked to the kitchen so Zack could wash the dirty dishes and I could start making chicken noodle soup. After I would throw up, my mom would make the soup for me and I would feel better in a few hours, or a few days if it was really bad.

I got onions and carrots out of the fridge so I could chop them. In the middle of chopping the carrot, I remembered I had to have the chicken cook about 3/4 of the way in the oven so I quickly got the chicken out of the fridge and put it on a baking sheet before putting it into the oven.

While chopping the onion I felt sick again, I ran to the bathroom and threw up again. Zack repeated what he did before, holding my hair and rubbing my back.

"Brooke, that's twice in two hours, do you want to go to the doctor to make sure you're not sick?"

"It's probably just a stomach flu, I'm fine." I replied.

He placed his hand on my forehead and his eyes widened. "Brooke, you're burning u. Go to bed and I'll finish making the soup. I'll bring it to you when I'm done."

"But I have stuff I need to do today. We just got back from London and there's so much crap that needs to be taken care of."

"I'll do it all. Go to bed!"

He pushed me lightly away from the kitchen and towards the stairs.

Zack came upstairs about half an hour later and lightly scolded me for not sleeping like I should be.

"Since you never listen anyways and you're awake, I got you something." Zack told me.

"Why? You didn't have to get me anything." I replied.

"Well I guess its a welcome home present. As much as I loved our honeymoon, its good to be home."

"Agreed."

He handed me a Tiffany's and Co box and I couldn't imagine what was on the inside

He handed me a Tiffany's and Co box and I couldn't imagine what was on the inside. I already have an engagement ring so it can't be that. It finally hit me that I should open the box and see for myself what's in it.

I opened the box to see a Tiffany blue punch. I opened the pouch and emptied the content onto my hand. I moved the pouch away from my hand and looked what was in my hand.

I saw a sterling silver infinity bracelet with sapphire in between the infinities.