CAUGHT OFF GUARD: CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

MAIN CHARACTER 👆🏾

KHALIL💕

I felt warm lips barely tickle mine like the breeze from a sideways glance. My eyes sprang open to his eyes, filling my vision, smiling at me warmly. I inhaled his breath deeply, as I'd been holding mine out.

"Welcome to my world, Khalil." His smile radiated over and through my entire being.

"You?!" was all I could get out, of the million thoughts racing through my mind at that second.

"And you," he smiled. "And it could be 'us', if you feel about me like I feel about you. I mean, I know we just met an' all, but I already feel like I've known you for a long time. I know enough about you to know I sure would like to try." He smiled again and backed away a little, "But I know you still got a lot to deal with, about whoever broke your heart, so, you know, it's up to you," he said with hope in his voice.

"Oh my God." I collapsed onto my back, chest heaving, stunned with relief, with the revelation that Ty was gay too, that we had met up today by sheer chance. What were the odds of that-- was it just because of my new car?

He'd just told me he wanted me, and I knew I wanted him-- but was conflicted about Cole. But Cole was over with; his distance over the last couple of weeks had given a finality to that, so I shouldn't have any guilt's about wanting to move on.

Especailly since Cole had already moved on with Jaida

I thought: 'Somebody wants me. Somebody beautiful, somebody real, somebody apparently no longer conflicted about himself and his sexuality. He wants me. He just told me so. Maybe I'm not so undesirable after all.' But I questioned his judgement.

The music was meandering around the room like a dream, and I was trying to gather my thoughts and put them in perspective. After a long minute, Ty spoke,

"There's no pressure on my part, Khalil. I don't even know if you're interested in me that way."

My head shot up, twisting to look at him, "YES!" I instantly felt embarrassed and caught myself, "I mean-- yes! I'm very interested in you. I've been turned on to you since I saw you leaning on my car." I rolled back onto my side facing him. "I feel like I know you so well already too. And you're so good-looking and nice. I feel like you wouldn't hurt me the way..." I involuntarily started retreating.

Ty leaned toward me and our eyes closed as he kissed me tenderly on the lips. The connection felt so electric, coursing through my body in waves. "I could never hurt you in any way," he murmured into my lips.

His hand came to my neck and pulled me slightly more into the kiss. I put my hand on his, pulling it firmly against my neck to show how much I needed his caress, how much I needed him, and how much I wanted him to want me.

His kiss was tender and loving, his tongue gently probing, my tongue asking for more. But he pulled away just as I was starting to move my body closer to his. I looked at him with questioning in my eyes, and a raging erection in my Levi's.

"I think we need to go real slow. Why don't we get comfortable and just lay here for a bit?"

I nodded, confused, wondering if i had done something to turn him off.