CAUGHT OFF GUARD: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

MAIN CHARACTER 👆🏾

KHALIL💕

"I've never felt anything like that before in my life. Girls have cried, friends have cried, even my mom has cried to me; but nothing they were crying about ever made me feel so bad, and made me..." he paused, "love them."

COLE was flushed and his heart was beating fast.

WHOAAAA!!!!

I was afraid to push the point, but I had to get confirmation. "Did you just say... you love me?" I held my breath as I searched his eyes. He fixed his deep pools of brown on mine for an eternity of a moment, several different subtle expressions playing across his face.

"Yeah. I'm saying I love you. I realized it when we were sitting in the Jacuzzi. I know I Haven known you for that long , but I think I fell in love with you from the moment I met you in the hallway. When we met I saw you in look at me in a sexual way, I felt a-- an energy, a surge, can't quite describe it..."

I nearly went into cardiac arrest. I couldn't believe my fantasy had come true! I had been amazed over and over today, but THIS was the ultimate. He'd had a hard time admitting he was 'bi' just awhile ago. Now he's telling me HE LOVES ME!!!I could see there were no second thoughts about it in his eyes.

They stayed waveringly locked on mine. He meant it. I was blinking tears back and bit my trembling lower lip. My legs were like jelly. I'm sure I would have collapsed if he hadn't been holding me tightly. I saw a warm, tender smile in his eyes, and a hint of amusement, as he watched my reaction.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't do anything. But then, I didn't need to do anything. My world was now a good place to be. After some time, I was finally able to squeak out,  "I feel the same way too."

"I know." He grinned.

"Ya know, it's funny, I never got into just looking into anyone's eyes before, but I feel like I could just look into yours all day and night. Goddamn, that sounds so mushy, but it's true," he chuckled.

"You'll have t' be patient with me, 'cause I'm freakin' out on how I'm feeling. Talking about it seems t' help. I guess I'm rambling, but it's just so... I'm blown away that the first time I feel like this, this powerful, is with a guy, with you..... and so soon! I don't know when that part's gonna really hit me, or how it'll hit me, but who cares? Wow." He had goose bumps and it felt like he was tingling.

I craned my neck up to kiss him. He held my gaze and slowly lowered his mouth to mine. It was the softest, most romantic kiss ever known to man. My eyes would open and close, while his remained closed the whole time, devouring my soul and nourishing it at the same time.

"Body party" by Ciara was playing about then, OUR SONG her beautiful voice filling the air around us with a surreal, enchanted atmosphere. He kissed my cheek and the bridge of my nose.

I spoke softly, "Cole... how do I... I don't have the words to... I give myself to you-- I'm yours to do anything you want to" I paused "anything."

000

"Oh Khalil."  I felt his whole body flex and his heart pound.