CAUGHT OFF GUARD: CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

MAIN CHARACTER 👆🏾

KHALIL💕

The room itself was smaller than I imagined A queen size bed took up almost the entire room, with one nightstands pushed against one of the sides, on top of it was a lamp which he went over and turned on helping me see better

The walls were painted several soothing pastel colors making the light soft and diffused. A framed print of a brilliant sunset over a beach hung on the wall above the head of the bed.

Ty jumped onto the bed, leaving vapor trails in his path. I jumped on behind him, and we both scooted to the head of the bed and leaned back against pillows lining the wall. He stretched up and flipped a switch hanging down from a bare wire, and the music from downstairs filled the room, but softly. There was a streetlamp glowing in through the curtains, from somewhere outside the tall, thin window at the side of the bed.

"This is the Dreaming Room. At least that's what I call it. If I'm not with Jet & Celia, I come here to come down. It was my room while I lived here. It's so peaceful and positive in here, all soft and comforting. Does it feel that way to you?" He didn't wait for an answer, "I feel like the room is ........what's that word? Ethereal? Yeah, ethereal. This room is ethereal," he nodded contentedly.

"Yeah, it is." I sighed.

I just layed there next to him talking to him for what seemed like hours. By 3am, we were both laying on our sides, propped up on elbows, facing each other.

"So what did you think of your first drug induced trip?"

"Well, I think I'm still on it a little. I mean, I still feel some of the sensations I felt earlier, but not nearly as intense-- and you don't distort anymore. I feel my cheek, and it feels like rubber, like I could stretch it out to here," I held my hand a foot from my face, laughing. "Anyway, it's been pretty amazing. It was a lot of fun. The intensity was a little scary at times, but with you here with me, it wasn't so scary. Did I say thank you?"

"I think you did. Hey, I just saw someone who was ready to come out of his shell and live a little, since Celia said you had your heartbroken an' all."

I nodded "What's the deal with that? How could she know something like that? Just by touching me?"

"Oh dude, Celia's one amazing woman. She 'gets things. She gets feelings, and she knows things. I know, that sounds like far out California shit, but she-- just knows things."