CAUGHT OFF GUARD: CHAPTER TWO

MAIN CHARACTER 👆🏾

KHALIL💕

The gym was very quiet as the minutes ticked away. I thought about going into the corner to get one of the basketballs and shoot some hoops.

Then laughed at the thought of it. Now that would be a buzz kill, him walking through those doors to see me trying to shoot baskets and failing hard.

After a few moments I heard some laughing and shouting. The bang of the locker room door startled me as a bunch of freshly showered jocks busted out into the gym. They were giddy, perhaps psyched about their game tomorrow. They fled past me toward the exit, yet none of them seeming to notice me.

Until Cole appeared. I stood up when I spotted him and his friend Derek walking towards me with their arms around each other's shoulder. They made it halfway across the gym before Derek separated from Cole and slugged him playfully on the arm.

Derek then glanced at me and said something to Cole causing him to smile. They did a handshake and parted ways.

"Thanks for waiting for me."

"Mhm. Your team seems pretty excited." I said

"Yeah, the season's almost over so we're trying to get in all the fun we can."

"Well why don't you guys just go out and celebrate or something?"

"Oh we probably will. We always stay in touch over the summer, plus there is an end of the year party next month so we gone turn up and celebrate the season."

I giggled, "Oh thats wassup!"

"Yeah , how long have you been waiting?" he asked holding the gym door for me.

"Not long really." I said trying to sound casual.

"Well you could've came in the locker room if you wanted to." he said with a slight grin.

"Oh no thanks." I said trying not to sound so surprised by his proposal, "Im cool."

We had finally came to a halt in front of his gorgeous car. it was all black with a tiny silver strip going down the front. It looked expensive especially with the sun gleaming off of it 

I watched as he walked over to the driver side of the car and got in

I watched as he walked over to the driver side of the car and got in. He then unlocked the passenger door."Nice car." I said as I eased into my own seat cautiously somehow afraid that I  might ruin the interior.

"Thanks got it for my birthday." he replied cheerfully, then in a lower tone he said "My dad friends are car dealership owners so it's a loaner."

He turned the key and the engine roared like a Jaguar. It then dawned on me this the perfect car for him. Masculine, tough, and pretty all at once. I glanced over at him only to find him looking at me. We made eye contact it was like staring into the eyes of sex itself.

I must've been staring for a long time because he asked "What are you looking at?" While grabbing his sunglasses.

"Nothing." I replied quickly causing my voice to squeak. I felt slightly embarrassed so I looked out the window.

"You can look at me, I know how hard I am to resist." he said smoothly sending chills down my spine while sliding his glasses on his face.

"Wow I see someone's feeling their self." I mumbled with humor in my voice trying to hide the blush on my face.

"Well if I don't feel myself then who will?" He asked with a smirk.