CAUGHT OFF GUARD: CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

MAIN CHARACTER 👆🏾

KHALIL💕

As Tyson placed the tiny pill on my lips our eyes locked in a feeling that shook me up, on some level. Just as my lips were closing around his finger, I caught them doing it and opened them back up to an 'ahhh'.

 He slowly retrieved his finger, sliding it off my lip. I don't know if they could see my embarrassment in the black light or the purple strobe, as I looked down into the dark area between the three of us.

I was so consumed with trying to figure out what just happened between me and Ty that I momentarily forgot that I had just taken molly.

'But What DID just happen with Ty? I could swear he was coming on to me, flirting or something. It sure seemed like it to me. Nah, he's not gay-- but the way he did that was sooo soo....-- stop reading shit into everything.

But am I ready for drugs?? I just took a MOLLY!!! OH MY GOD! You hear all kinds of stories-- but most of them I've heard were good stories. I guess it's too late to back out now. Might as well go with it, and hope it's enjoyable, right?'

Ty smiled , and rolled his head around. Celia started laughing so hard she began sagging to her knees-- I gathered she had been on her batch for awhile. Her laughing set us off and we all ended up sitting on the floor, laughing our heads off.

'That's the thing I've always heard about drugs: that you laugh a lot. Wait, it just got on my tongue maybe two minutes ago. I know it takes longer than that to kick in!'

When the laughter finally subsided, I just listened to the music while they caught up on what had been happening in their lives. I didn't listen to their conversation, 'cause I didn't want to intrude. At some point, I asked Celia,

"Who is this? What's the name of this album?"

"That's kanye. The album is Waves. It's on the reel-to-reel, so it's both sides, uninterrupted.

"I really like it. No, I fuckin' LOVE it!"

 I realized I was talking loudly, and covered my mouth in embarrassment. They both laughed, and I started feeling butterflies in my stomach, but laughed too. It was like the three of us were in our own little world, and none of the other people in the room were even aware of us. We just sat and listened to the music for awhile.

I began to wave with the music, my body shimmering slowly, rhythmically. 

Ty spoke up, "Oh shit it's kickin' in! hell yeahhhhh."

I mimicked him, "hell yeahhhhh."

"Oh--" was all Celia managed to get out as we all melted into fits of uncontrollable laughter, rolling around on the floor, all holding our stomachs, cuz laughing that hard hurts after a bit. Each of us sporadically, would try sitting up, and invariably fall onto the next one as they attempted it, knocking both over, and rolling body over body for fun, delighting in the feel of the movement, felt from somewhere different than ever before.