The Clam Shell

A.N. PLEASE READ THIS NOTE VERY CAREFULLY, the end of this chapter is NOT the end of the story. There will be one more chapter after this one that'll be the end. So, once you've finished this chapter, don't immediately jump to the conclusion that this is the end. Please and thank you </3

Having to be pried off Pan's body, Anne fought Felix's hold. "No! Let me go!!" She elbowed him in the nose and was abruptly dropped.

"GAH!" Felix cried, clutching his bloodied nose. Anne sank back down next to Pan, her cries becoming muffled by her hand.

"Come back," she cried silently, "come back!"

As she watched the lifeless body, Rumple pressed the tip of Pan's dagger into the blood, and watched attentively as it became absorbed, trailing through the letters of the name Malcolm on the side of the blade, then into hilt. Then as Pan was drained, the damp, cold blood on Anne's clothes, hands and chest liquefied and pulled toward the corroding dagger. Her attention was reverted onto the weapon, eyes wide in disgust and terror. She hurriedly climbed up and went to snatch the dagger when Rumple finished absorbing the blood within it, and it gradually crumbled within his hand.

"You," she breathed in bitter hatred, staring coldly at the man. He peered down guiltily. "You had this planned...didn't you? HOW?! How haven't you changed?!" She demanded the answer. Pan had changed when he killed Vladimir with the dagger the first time around.

"I'm already a dark one, dearie, I cannot possess another dagger's power, but I can get rid of it," he replied.

Angry tears burned in her eyes, more hatred stirring within her. "I didn't ask you to kill him!!" She shot a penetrating, bloodshot glare at the rest of the group, "I didn't ask any of you!!!"

"Anna, please--understand," Isabelle tried.

"Oh I see," Anne sneered, "you all wanted him dead!"

"We thought you hated him, we thought you were done with him, Anna," Felix cried.

Her breathing quickened in realization, her stomach painfully clenching. "No," she emitted to herself, her voice becoming shaky. "You didn't," she wanted to believe. "you just wanted him gone..." Her mouth opened to speak, when she didn't, tears loosely dripping over her bottom lashes as she stared in shock.

"It was for the best," Benjamin dared to emit.

"No," she began again, her brows knitting together in discomfort. "He helped all of you and this is how you repay him?!" She cooled in disbelief, eyes narrowing.

"He wanted to murder my son!" Regina spoke loudly.

"Regina," Emma emitted, grabbing her arm to signal her to be quiet. Pan had tried to murder their son, but Emma still felt sympathetic for Anne since she remembered when she thought she lost Neal. Regina's breathing came unevenly, teeth baring as she resisted the urge to say something else.

"It doesn't matter," Anne replied, "he was also going to save him--"

"And he still can," Regina interrupted bitterly, pulling her arm free, "he told us where the hearts were, we can get them and get the hell off this island--" she didn't want to admit it, but she felt horrible seeing Anne the way she did, distantly remembering losing her first love, Daniel.

"Let me guess," Anne began again, "you planned to kill him this way in the beginning, you led me to believe you just wanted to stop him--and despite him yielding, you still did it..." She regarded Felix painfully, her chest heaving.