Decoding

Felix rolled out a large parchment onto a rock. "We'll need to mark our trails," With a small black pencil, he sketched out a cave and marked it with an 'X'. "We're here." He pointed, glancing up at a contemplating Rumple.
        "What's the meaning of this?"
        "Well, if Pan managed to keep Anne on one side of the island while the others were wandering through the opposite, he must've had to play with the island's original position to keep them apart. If he senses we're nearing, he'll rearrange it some more to throw us off. We'll need to break whatever code he's playing by." Felix smirked proudly. Rumple's brows knitted together. "Oh, the others told me what you said," the lost boy explained his knowledge further. 
        "What's got you convinced he's playing by any code, dearie?" Rumple then challenged.
        "Well," the arrogant lost boy's confidence was struck, "he must be," he mentioned like it was the most obvious thing. "How else can he keep his head straight?"
        Rumple lifted a brow. He had a point, but a part of Rumple was reluctant to render to the idea. What if the code just so happened to get broken and Felix went running off to the others? Rumple couldn't have the others knowing where they were, it'd ruin his plans. On the other hand, however, what if breaking Pan's code could benefit Rumple's plans? That didn't matter though. How ever Pan would rearrange the island, Felix had a focused key beating inside his sister's chest--that'd lead them to wherever Pan was keeping her. Of course, neither Felix nor Rumple knew that Anne had her brother's heart in her chest, but Pan would still be keeping it someplace close by--they guessed.        
        Rumple then tore the parchment out from under the lost boy's arms. Felix shot up to protest. "We won't need to break any codes. Pan has your heart and that's the only direction we need."
        Felix opened his mouth when he closed it, knitting his brows together. "But...I don't...feel..anything--how are we supposed to follow something that's not even there?" 
        Rumple chuckled softly. "Such a task will require a particular elixir, one I shall provide."
        "And this elixir, what will it do?" 
        "It'll serve as a tracker and sense the absence of your heart. With that it'll create a doorway, and if Pan doesn't interfere, that doorway will take you to your heart."
        "Are you kidding?? Of course Pan is going to interfere, what kind of plan is that?!" Felix protested angrily, balling his fists. 
        Rumple lifted a finger, silencing him. "Not if he's not watchful, it only takes a glitter of a second to reach your heart through that doorway. Once you've entered it, he cannot stop you." 
        "Unless he's on the other side..." Felix studied him. "Will he be able to push me back through?" 
        "That depends on the circumstances. If he's waiting on the other side, then perhaps."
        "Would you be able to go through the doorway with me?" 
        "Not unless I were to drink the elixir myself," Rumple explained.
        Felix was hesitant, studying him some more. Quietly then, he began to question the whole idea. Rumple waited with an obscure earnest that Felix could sense and he withdrew. "No." He snatched the parchment back. "That's not what we agreed on." The lost boy glared, his eyes darkening. He wouldn't open a portal to his heart to the dark one. He may have agreed to letting him tag along, but he wouldn't trust him enough to open the opportunity of retrieving his life to the dark one's selfish hands. Pan may not have been entirely trustworthy, but he was never wrong about how dirty his son could be. And it was more than likely that Rumple would manipulate a delicious situation to try something.

        Rumple chuckled before he'd let himself lose his confidence. "In that case, how do you plan to find her?"
        Felix smirked. "I heard her voice. Before you showed up, I was able to sense her presence like she was right there with me. I'll follow that."
        Rumple's eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched. The displeased expression gave it away that Felix had somehow corrupted whatever he was planning and the Beastly brother mischievously grinned. "And what makes you think it was actually her voice?"
        "The same way you thought I'd give you exactly what you want, a blinded judgment." 
        Rumple nearly snarled but managed keeping a straight face. Felix may have severed one possibility of pursuing his plans, but he'd find another way. There was always another way.
        "Now, let's get back to work," Felix ordered, laying back down his parchment. 

A.N. This is only one part of what I have planned to write today, stay tuned!