Owned

A.N. The song posted sort've fits with the SECOND half of the chapter--after the 'WARNING' I place--so if you feel like listening to it, feel free! Enjoy the chapter!  

           As Peter was flying back to the cave, he debated telling Felix to begin with. Landing on to the ground next to the lost boy's sleeping figure, Peter stared down at him bitterly. After all, it was he who made everything come to this, he was the reason Anne wanted to leave, Pan so endlessly thought and blamed. Now, Pan wasn't wrong that Anne wanted to leave because of him, but he had no right to blame someone else for his own actions.

It wasn't like Pan never considered letting Anne go to make her happy; he had, but then he'd lose her, he'd lose his second chance. And how ignorant would it be to purposefully let that second chance slip from his grip, Pan also told himself. Mumbling and slurring in his sleep, Felix rolled onto his stomach and began to snore into the dirt.

With a smug smirk, Pan then placed his boot on to the lost boy's head. "I could crush your skull in an instant and you won't even recall it." Pan then pulled out his dagger, lightly grazing the nape of Felix's neck as he kneeled down beside him. "Or...I can make it slower than that, so agonizing to the point you'll forget to breathe and kill yourself." At that thought, Peter couldn't help but let out a dark laughter.

Climbing back up to his feet, the amusement left his face and he continued to bitterly stare at his former second-in-command. "If only it were that easy," he mumbled to himself softly, his features softening as he sheathed his knife. "I'll wait on Anne," he began again, the mercilessness returning to his face, "she'll tell you the news...and we'll see if I spare you."

At the slight brush of the wind against the back of Peter's hair, he immediately sensed a presence and turned around. Coming eye to eye with his son, he inhaled shakily, briefly convinced Anne was back at the cave. He relaxed at the realization that she wasn't. In fact, she was actually quite far away.

"Hello again, papa," Rumple cooled, narrowing his eyes.

With an arrogant smirk, Peter mirrored his expression, "do the others know you're here?"

Rumple stayed quiet, though Pan knew they didn't.

"Not physically, I suppose, then," Pan then spoke, cocking a brow. "Surprised you can still astral project, knowing your magic has weakened to the point it's incapable of being rekindled," he added, remembering cursing Rumple on that cliff side.

"And if that were true, I wouldn't be here," Rumple spoke tensely through clenched teeth.

"You're right about that, laddie," Pan breathed, carefully watching Rumple's every move. "How'd you manage to pull it off?"

Rumple let out a rough chuckle, "wouldn't you like to know."

"I would, actually," Peter spoke sarcastically, brows raising. There was a long pause before he began to piece things together. "I see...you didn't project yourself. The others had to have helped...you're seeking comfort in them while you waste away--" he then lifted a finger, "and that's why you sent Felix my way...as your leverage to gain back their trust--"

"I never lost it," Rumple spat, breathing heavily to contain his rage. He hadn't seen his father in what felt like so long.

"Oh c'mon, Rumple, we both know you can't lie to me." Drawing out an arm, he opened his hand to gesture, "you stole a valuable key from them. You come back with answers then you can't help but wander off once more." Peter's gaze narrowed with distrust. "And for what? You're stringing them along--to take what you desire, but you can't leave them because you're fading, you need that extra boost, don't you?"