Skull Rock (part 2)

Looping the boat's rope around a metal eye bolt, Peter was tying it to the rock. Anne having already climbed out, she peered around herself anxiously. "Can't we at least have a lantern?" She begged.

"I'd prefer not," he replied, wrapping a hand around her wrist. "Let's go." Almost impatiently pulling her along, Peter led them into further darkness.

Swallowing uncomfortably, Anne tried to keep up her feet without tumbling over. "Would you slow down?!" She snapped in a demanding tone.

"We don't have much time," Peter spoke as he continued pulling her along over the rocks, until they reached what appeared to be a darkened cove when Anne would squint.

"Water?" She emitted timidly, her breathing quickening, as Pan dropped her arm. Glancing over her shoulder, Anne's vision became disoriented from how much she struggled to see. "What is this??" She tried, her gaze darting back in his direction.

Dusting off a purely white shell, Peter held it to his lips and began to whisper into it, his voice sounding like a soft, snake-like hiss. Chilled to the bone as Anne listened, she peered about herself once more. Distress in the face, she began to slowly back away from the water. At the sounds of it moving, she gasped and hit the wall.

As a head came up with long black hair, a torch was lit from behind Anne and she whirled around at the hanging light. Then slowly, torches from all corners became lit and Anne's green eyes widened at the sight of a familiar face. "Ariel??"

Hesitantly, she crept toward the water, eyes roaming all over the mermaid's cursed appearance. Pure black hair, snow white skin and lips, one golden brown eye and one silver hue like moonlight. While the change didn't surprise Anne--considering Pan had relatively the same appearance, besides the brown eye--it astonished her anyway.

Although the mermaid was looking precisely at her, she wasn't speaking to her. However, the pained and desperate look on Ariel's face told Anne she wanted to. Anne knew Ariel wasn't evil like the rest, she was stuck inside her head.

Kneeling down in front of her, Anne was startled when her hand was snatched, and she was suddenly pulled into what felt like a vision. She found herself standing in front of a familiar lagoon. Ariel popped her head out of the water, her red hair and brown eyes restored.

"Anne!" She spoke hastily, alerting the Beastly girl to rush over and kneel down in front of her.

"Ariel! You can talk? Where are we??"

"A vision, we don't have much time. But Pan wants to take your heart to control you--don't let him get it--"

"Oh bloody hell," Anne exasperated, "he always has something planned, doesn't he??"

Ariel nodded once. "Don't let him take it, Anna!" With that, the scene faded and the little lost girl's hand was released. The cursed mermaid then shot Pan a look of fear.

"You know what I want," he spoke smoothly, his eyes boring into her own.

The mermaid tried to shy away, until the hand she had previously took Anne's with was pierced with Pan's dagger. Her mouth opened in attempt to cry out in pain, though no noise was emitted. Anne gasped in alarm at the sight, distress rapidly growing on her face. She watched as Ariel's other hand began to emerge from the water, clutching a familiar box while violently trembling.

"You're controlling her!" Anne panicked, though as Peter went to take the box, she tackled him. His daggering pulling from Ariel's flesh, he hit the ground and the box flew across the dirt. "Ariel, go!" Anne panicked further. As she was clumsily climbing up from Pan's chest, Ariel fled and she ran over, pulling up the box. She then dusted it off, clutching it to her chest with relief.

When Pan tore himself up from the ground, he was scowling at her, nearly growling. He then pulled out a key, narrowing his eyes. "Not so fast," he mentioned, lightly tilting his head.

Before Anne could process the sudden twist, the torches guttered out and she loudly gasped as they were bathed in black. In that moment, Anne could've sworn Pan could hear her heartbeat. Her breath hitched as she grasped the box tightly, fearful Pan could steal it from her any second.

There was a sudden gust of air and Pan's lips lingered just in front of hers. "Boo."

A.N. Hey, guys. I just wanted to apologize for not updating in two weeks. I've recently moved and started school, so I've been busy. But Hopefully, I'll finish this before school becomes hectic. Thank you all for your patience and I hope you guys enjoyed this update!