Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I was awake but I didn't open my eyes. I could see the light through my eyelids shining through the balcony door. I turned my head and groaned, finally opening my eyes. I saw Zayn laying on his side with his back to me. I reach out my hand and grabbed the back of his shirt, tugging on it lightly. I blinked a few times still not fully awake. He stirred in his sleep then turning to face me and he smiled.

I smiled an ugly, cheesy smile and said, "Morning."

"Morning.", he stretched and cleared his throat.

"Come on, lets get up." I sat up and waited for him to make a move. He stood up and we walked downstairs. We walked into the kitchen. "Are you hungry?", I asked him while rubbing my eye.

"Yeah, kind of."

"My cereal is down there." I pointed to a cupboard next to the refrigerator. I opened the fridge and got the milk while he got the cereal.

"Um, Louisa, why are there bottles of wine and other alcohol behind the cereal?"

My eyes widened and I sat the milk on the island. "Oh, well, that's mine."

He came up next to me and sat the box down. "Are you serious?"

"Hey, remember I told you I don't drink, party, do drugs, and have sex when I'm with other people? I just drink and party by myself, or with Janet.", I smirked.

"What about do drugs and have sex?", he asked taking a bite as we sat at the dining room table.

"Well," I swallowed my food, "you already know I'm a virgin. And about the drugs, I know you saw all my pills so I guess you can classify that as doing drugs. Although, they're not illegal." I shrugged taking another bite.

"Your mom doesn't know?"

"No. Should she?"

"Probably not.", he chuckled.

There was a few minutes of silence as we ate and then finished. We went into the living room afterwards. We sat there without talking.

I broke the silence, "Zayn, don't you ever want a girlfriend? Or just someone to make you happy that will always be there. You're 17, don't you ever want that one person?"

He just looked me in the eyes. "Don't you?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I thought. I pulled my knees up and rested my chin on them just as I did last night on the balcony. I looked down at my feet on the couch. "I don't know." He didn't say anything.

I heard the doorbell ring and raised my eyebrow at Zayn. "I don't even know who that would be." I walked to the door and opened it. "Hi Janet."

"Hey, is your mom here? I don't see her car."

"No. She'll be back tomorrow."

"Why didn't you call me? We always hang out when she's gone."

I put my hand on my head. "Well, I guess I uh, I just...", I stuttered.

She leaned to the left and looked around me trying to see in my house. "Is someone here?"

I looked back to see if she would be able to see him. "No uh-"

"Zayn's here, isn't he?" She tuned down to a whisper, "Oh my gosh, did he stay the night? Did anything happen? Are you guys together?"

"Janet, shh. Yes, he stayed, but nothing happened. I don't even know if he was planning to stay, we just fell asleep."

She smirked, "Can I come in?"

"Yes, but don't be weird.", I laughed as she stepped in. We walked into the living room and Zayn just looked at me. "It's Janet."