Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I'd never thought about it before. Was I? I just always thought my classification was "crazy" or "freak". But a wallflower? I mean, I chose not to hang out with people. Actually, I just can't stand a majority if people. I guess I probably was, indefinitely of course. Was Zayn? I guess I didn't know him all that well, but his sister seemed to know everything about him. Actually, me and Zayn didn't know each other that well either. But that was the plan. He couldn't know me; the real me.

"Meira, stop bothering her.", Zayn said not even looking away from the TV.

"I'm just getting to know her."

"You're asking her questions about me. If you wanted to know her, you'd ask questions about her." I don't know why, but he was getting angry.

"Okay then, I will."

"No, too late. Just stop talking."

I just sat there. Zayn was ashamed of who he was, it was quite obvious. He probably wished he had loads of friends and that his only friend right now wasn't a girl. He probably didn't want to move and come to a new school. He probably wished he didn't have 3 younger sisters to take care of and he probably wanted his dad back. I just looked at him sitting there watching the show on TV. He was someone who had a lot of feelings and was hurt, but was really good at keeping it all a secret. He tried to be happy, and most of the time, he was. He was happy until someone brought up something he didn't like thinking about, and that's when he broke. On the inside he would fall apart and you could see it in his eyes. I, on the other hand, was the opposite in this aspect because I broke on the inside and the outside. Maybe we were meant to be friends and maybe we were supposed to rid each other of all this sadness that has taken over both of us.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out. It was my mom. She wanted to know where I was. If I told her the truth, she'd ask questions. I quickly texted her back and told her I was at Janet's.

"Zayn, I have to go." I stood up.

"Why?"

"My mom wanted to know where I was and I got to go."

"Okay, I'll walk outside with you." He stood up as well and opened the front door for me. It had stopped raining and was nice and sunny out now.

"Thanks.", I said taking my car keys out of my pocket.

"Thanks for coming in.", he smiled.

"Your sisters are cute."

"I know, but sometimes they're annoying. They talk a lot."

"Opposite if you, huh?", I smirked at him.

He fake laughed, "Very funny."

I smiled and said goodbye before I walked down the concrete steps. He waited until I got in my car and started to drive off before he went inside.

I finally slept that night, and for 6 hours too. That was a lot for me, and it was Friday. Today was good already and it barely started. In English I talked to Zayn and mentioned how my brother was coming home in a week and how excited I was.

"He left like, right at the peek of everything that was going on, and that hurt me."

"I wonder if my sisters will be like that when I leave to go to college or something."

"They probably will, they seem to love you a lot. And it's never easy to watch someone you love, leave."

"I probably won't go to college though.", he said.