1

So, first if you missed it, Selena Gomez is the model, but not the characters name. Hope you enjoy!

The town is silent, deadly silent, except for the cold, harsh wind, that's breezing passed my figure at a racing speed.

Walking into the French quarter, people stare and face me shocked by my presence. Once I got a drink, I smirked at everybody, leaving them.

It was dark, almost midnight, clouds in the sky threatening a downpour of rain.

Voices were ahead in an alley, so I followed, my curiosity getting the better of me. Then it happened, the voices I heard were people, and they killed a woman.

Immediately, I run away and try to grab my phone. Once I had it in my grasp, I dialed the only person who could help me.

"Hello? Jessica, where are you?" He asked.

"Jackson, I need your help," I replied hurriedly. When I finally caught my breath I was in front of Roussoues. "I'm in front of Roussoues. Please hurry."

With that, I hung up and walked inside, leaning against the door breathing heavily. The bar tender looked my way, then poured a glass.

Silently, I walk over and accept sitting down right away. She didn't say anything as I sat there freaking out.

When I finished, Jackson finally showed up and rushed to my side. After paying for the drink, he helped me to the car.

Once inside, I told him what happened and he said that was kind of a normal thing in New Orleans. Being shocked by that, I sat back in the car taking a couple of deep breaths.

He drove silently to the cabin as I kept replaying the events in my head. If it was normal, why would he willingly live here?

There was a bonfire going once I arrived and I slightly smiled. Once I step foot out of the car, someone caught me into a bone crushing hug.

"Olly," I smiled hugging him back.

"Heard you were coming," he said pulling away. "I was gonna pick you up, but your brother said no."

"Because I know what you were really planning to do," Jack replied grabbing my things from the car. I didn't realize he already had them.

"Nothing bad, besides we're all adults right?" Oliver replied wiggling his eyebrows in a teasing way.

"That is correct," I laughed as Jack rolled his eyes.

We had a few beers, got drunk and had a blast. Soon after, I stumbled my way into the forest, looking at the trees and the sky above.

Eventually, I tripped over a log and hit my head on a rock. As I sat up, I felt blood begin to run down my face.

The sun soon rose as I stood, coming face to face with a wolf. Gasping, I slowly backed away and ran to the cabin looking for Jackson.

With no luck, my head pounding, and wolves outside, I begin to freak out for yet another time since I've been here.

Slowly, I grab a gun, my phone and the keys to Jacks car. With no wolves in sight, I run to the car and begin to drive away towards the town.

Once arriving, I put on a jacket, raising the hood and walk into a shop. After buying what I needed, I walk back outside, only to see a couple people looking in the car.

Deciding not to go that way, I begin down the sidewalk, slow at first but growing my pace with each step until I was running.

Once I stopped, I caught my breath, but ran into somebody on the way.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized catching his arm. "I wasn't looking."

"What are you running from?" He asked. "Surely, running at that pace means you were running from someone."

"It's nothing. Just some paranoia I guess," I sighed.

"Would you like me to fix that up for you?" He asked gesturing to my head which is no longer bleeding.

"I don't want to trouble you," I said looking around anxiously.

"Are you afraid?"

"Um, no," I said. "I'm really sorry, for everything. I have to go."

"Not until I clean up that wound," he bargained.

"I don't even know you," I said crossing my arms.

"I can assure you that you will be perfectly safe with me," he said extending a hand.

As I look into his eyes, somehow I know I can trust him. Once I take his hand, the man leads me to the French quarter.

After seating me on the couch and grabbing the supplies, the man began to wipe the dry blood first, then gave me stitches on my head.

"I'm Elijah Mikaelson, by the way," he said cleaning up the supplies. "We didn't get the chance to exchange our names before."

"Jessica Kenner. Thank you, for helping me," I said standing.

"My pleasure, Jessica," he said having a slight smile on his face.

"I think I should go. I'm sorry and thank you again."

Slowly, I leave and cautiously make my way back to the car. Seeing no one there, I get in.

But once I sat down in the drivers seat, a hand covered my mouth, holding a knife to my throat.