33 - Broken soul

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Thirty-Three - Broken Soul.

Song of the chapter = M83 feat Brian Reitzell - Just A Fragment Of You.

He slowly reached into his pocket, wrapping his fingers around the chunky pistol grip, lifting it from his pocket, causing everyone to gasp. He pulled the slide back to ensure a round was chambered, quickly taking aim and placed two rounds centre mass. 

"Cle-Cletus don't!" I screamed as the gun was pointed towards Chris who was standing in front of me defensively. 

"Why not, my love? You are mine. Who gave him permission to marry you? But never fear, it wasn't your fault my dear. It was his." He replied disgustingly.

"You don't wanna do this." Chris told him, sternly. Cletus growled. 

"DON'T FUCKING TALK TO ME, YOU BASTARD. YOU STOLE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!" He inhaled, squeezing the trigger slowly but stopped when I whimpered. "Lucy why don't you come here my love? Unless you want to see Chris's head blown off."

I could feel my pulse beating in my ears, blocking out all other sound except my breath that was raggedly moving in and out of my mouth, gasping intervals. 

"Don't Lucy." Chris shouted. 

I gulped and removed myself from Chris. I took long, shaky steps to Cletus. I had to do it. I had to go to Cletus because I didn't want my husband to die in his wedding day. I want my husband to die with me when we grow old and can hardly walk. I want my husband to die when we're cuddling each other in bed at a very old age, just like in The Notebook. Not get his head blown off on his wedding day only because I wouldn't go to Cletus, no. 

"Lucy, no!" Chris shouted again, panicking. He took a step forward to me but Cletus shot the priest behind Chris. This caused everyone to freeze on spot including Chris. 

"Don't fucking move, Chris. If you do, you and all the other people in this room will pay the consequences." He shouted. 

I glanced at everyone in the room. They were all hiding under neath the church bench's, scared and shaking to death. I spotted my mother and Josh hugging each other, my mother crying as Josh comforted her, wiping his tear also. I saw Tiffany crying on Tony's arms, I saw Diane and David furious at us. I saw my baby Laila staring at me as she was protectively held by Diane. Little Laila looked ever so innocent and confused but also scared too when her eyes stopped at Cletus. 

I felt like my heart had been ripped out. 

Suddenly the air thickened and there was an aura of grey around me. It was an imaginary mist that was playing mentally in my head but it was perfect for this moment. The moment of depression as I stared at everyone who expected this day to be a great one. I saw the hurt and sorrows in my husband, Chris's eyes as it never left mine. 

Cletus approached me, causing my hands to tremble in an odd rhythm as heat drained from my face. 

He wrapped an arm around me, pushing my closer to his chest. I could smell his intoxicated smell of drugs in his breath as it began fanning my face. He was admiring my looks but when his eyes stopped at my dress, his eyes darkened and then he did the most unexpected thing I could have ever imagined. 

He smacked the side of my head with his gun. 

****

I walked in to the forest, my dress flying back, revealing my toes and ankles. I was confused why I wasn't wearing my wedding shoes anymore. 

It was an usual and white place. Everything was white, even the ground. The snow fell perfectly, touching the hard ground and my feet, causing me to shiver. I looked around me, anywhere for a different colour, any colour because the colour white was now depressing me. It causing my breath raging.