22 - Silence

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Twenty-two - Silence.

'Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.'

                             - Helen Keller 

Everyone has one of them days where they realise that a particular moment is the last time they will ever breathe. They has one of them days when their heart beats extremely fast that they just repeatedly think if their heart will actually miss a beat. 

And that was what I was experiencing right now. 

I stared at Mrs. Wood and Mrs. Simpson, standing opposite me—not too close but close enough for me to have a clear view of their image.

Mrs. Simpson's curly blond hair was loose, falling perfectly. Her bright eyes smiling evilly at me as her cherry lips followed. She was wearing a red dress that ended just above her knees with black boots. She also wore many jewelleries like she was trying for the 'i'm rich' look.

Mrs. Wood's fashion was slightly the same as Mrs. Simpson as she wore the same length dress as her but a chocolate brown taffeta. Her dark hair was all in a bun, wearing dark-makeup in which it caused her face to look more harsh then it already is.

To be honest, she looked more scarier than Mrs. Simpson.

Maybe it was because of my last experience with her—the nail digging stuff. 

"Are we just going to stand here or something?" Mrs. Simpson snapped. 

I flinched. 

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered as they both shuffled slightly from the door like they were expecting someone to join the party.

"Oh you don't think you could run away with Chris now do you?" She replied, twirling a strand of her hair. Mrs. Wood smirked with her. 

I didn't reply. I was too speechless and stunned with the fact that they were here.

"Are...y-you following us?" I asked. 

Mrs. Simpson and Mrs. Wood roared with laughter. 

"You are absolutely hilarious!" Mrs. Wood said through his laughter. 

I gulped. 

Mrs. Simpson stepped closer to me then slapped me with the cold, palm of hand, across my face. I yelped at my cheek stinging in pain. 

"Bitch!" She spat. "How dare you get involved in this? Do you know how close I would've received my money if it wasn't for you?" 

I gulped, tears threatening to fall but I bravely kept them in. 

"After your death, Laila would be under my hands and I will take over Chris's entire company." Mrs. Simpson prompted. 

I froze. 

"D-death?" I questioned, my voice croaking. 

Mrs. Wood this time stepped forward causing me to step away but I knew I was stuck when my back hit the wall. 

"The act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent—" She started but I cut her off.

"I know what it means."

"Oh, a bitch with an attitude huh?" She said then slapped me. I winced in pain, my hair now falling all over my face. 

I couldn't stop my tears anymore and let them escape.