13 - His confession

• Dedicated to to my future husband hehe ;D

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Thirteen - His Confession

Song of the chapter =  Leona Lewis - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

I pulled away from Chris when I felt camera flashes smacking our faces. We both stared at each other with eyes widened then snapped our heads at the direction where the camera flashes were occurring from. Outside the jewellery store. 

There were about 10 men with camera's, nudging and pushing each other to take shots of us. 

Chris grabbed my hand, threw some money at the counter table where Miss. Somers was present and dragged me out of the store. 

I had my head down as I felt Chris pushing and cursing the men with camera's. They are probably paparazzi. I forgot Chris was popular. Of course he would be popular, he owns the richest and successful charity company in this country! 

I sat on the passenger seat, quickly buckling the seat belt. Finally the click! sound appeared and I leaned back on my seat, hiding my face with my hand as the paparazzi's continued taking pictures. I swear I could've gone blind today. 

Chris silently started the car and beeped the horn at the paparazzi standing on the way. He murmured something which I didn't wanted to know as it didn't tone out right. 

Minutes have gone by and I was beginning to twist my engagement ring as I was bored. The ring was beautiful and every time I had my eyes on it, I couldn't stop smiling. 

But the silence faded my smile as I began being curious. What if Chris wished I never kissed him? 

I touched my lip in a sudden with the tip of my finger.

That kiss felt so warm and when I kissed him, I felt fireworks and future. I saw him, me and Laila as a family—Our family. 

I never kissed or got kissed before so this was my first kiss and he stole it. Well technically I let him steal it but either waymerrily, Chris was my first kiss!

"Liked the sensation you felt when you kissed me?" He teased as he glanced at me then back to the roads. I blushed then hid it with a smirk.

I wonder if the words Chris said before were real. He did say he meant it but what if he just said not to humiliate me. 

I bit my bottom lip then released it when I realised I haven't replied to Chris.

"About that kiss" I started. 

"Lucy." Chris sighed as he shook his head. He stopped the car and parked it outside his mansion. 

He raced out of the car and unbuckled my seat belts for me. We both had a slight moment when he froze and began gazing at me. He leaned down, kissing my forehead. I felt a rush of tingles and my heart beat faster than the African drum. 

"Come inside." He whispered, grabbing my hand softly. I felt a buzz on my stomach and smiled shyly as he opened the door for me to enter his mansion. 

"Where's Tony and Laila?" I asked, wondering around his living room. 

"They both are at my mother's house." he simple replied, sitting on his sofa. He patted his sofa, staring at me as I nodded and seated myself besides him. 

"When are they coming back?" I said. Chris chuckled.

"About that. We are going to pick them up."

"We?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. He smiled, tapping the bridge of my nose. 

"You're going to meet my family." He announced, causing my eyes to widen.