16 - Meet my family

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Sixteen - Meet my family.

Song of the chapter - Metric - All Yours.

I inhaled and exhaled twice a minute due to the amount of stress flooding in the air. Chris was going to meet my family, I thought repeatedly. I didn't know whether to be happy, excited or nervous. Or scared. 

I was scared because Mrs. Wood's words kept playing up in my head and no matter how many times I tried to block her and her words today, It just wouldn't disappear out of my mind. 

'Clair Simpson is my best friend and I will do everything I can to help her fail this marriage'

'You will never marry Mr. Shaw'

Yep those words just couldn't leave my mind. 

After an hour of pacing everyone in my bedroom, thinking of ways I could avoid informing Chris about today's event, I realised I had to go groceries shopping that I promised my mum that I would go after school.

So of course I had to go shopping which I'm not a fan of. Don't get me wrong, shopping is okay but I just like to get my stuff then go. I don't really like shopping much. I guess I'm not that girlie girl after all. But eventually I was done and returned home safely. 

Sighing, I ran downstairs, witnessing Josh and mum arranging the dining table with fancy plates and glasses we never use for ourselves, only for guests. 

Mum was lecturing something to Josh about how he must behave in front of Mr. Shaw but then she stopped when her landed on me. 

"Lucy Veronica Baker!" my mother shrieked as she caught sight of my clothes. I sighed, I knew what she'd say.

"What on earth are you wearing?" She shouted, walking towards me.

"What's wrong with it?" I frowned, staring at the clothes I was wearing. 

I was wearing dark skinny jeans with dark sneakers and my grey hooded sweatshirt. Okay, maybe it wasn't the clothes you should wear when your fiancé comes to have dinner with you and your family.

I smiled at the thought of Chris being my fiancé. Yep, it definitely hasn't sunk in yet. 

"And that awful scarf that doesn't even match your clothes!" my mother continued, both her hands on her cheeks. 

Yes, I wrapped a yellow scarf around my neck to avoid people questioning me on how and why I got the scars on neck. Plus, the scarf was awfully comfortable, mind you.

"It's fashion mum." I said, rolling my eyes. 

Josh smirked at me with his arms folded. He obviously finds it funny that I look like a freak but to be honest, who could blame him?

I glared at him and opened my mouth to say a freaking five star sarcastic comment but the ring of the bell cut me off.

My stomach had all the zoo animals running around, my breathing decreased and my palms began to get sweaty. Great timing!

"Honey get the door would you?" my mum called from the kitchen, obviously referring to me. 

I sighed nervously, taking long walks to the door.

"If you don't want the guy why don't you just tell him." said Josh, causing me to turn around and give him my best death glare. 

Breathing in, I twisted the door knob. You can do this, Lucy! I thought to myself.