17 - Love birds

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Seventeen - Love birds.

Song of the chapter = Michael Jackson - Butterflies.

'Doubt thou the stars are fire;  Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love' 

                      -  William Shakespeare.

"This will be good." Josh spoke, grinning. I smiled shyly trying very hard not to show any sign of me being nervous but of course Josh noted and had to make a comment on that.

Chris squeezed my hand. I looked up at him, smiling as he returned the smile.

We both informed mum and Josh that we had something very important to tell them. Josh was excited and flopped himself on the sofa with my worried mother.

"Just tell me if it's good news or bad," She said.

"It's good news, Katherine." Chris replied, his voice as gentle as it could be.

I began fiddling with my sapphire necklace, biting my lower lip.

Here I was standing like a idiot, facing my brother and mother, about to confess that I am happily engaged at the age of 18. Oh joy.

Will they accept it? I mean, they already like Chris no doubts about that but what if because of my ageing they don't accept it? I mean, both of them are very protective of me.

What will their reactions be? Will they be happy? Will they question me why I'm deciding to get married to a man I've only known for nearly two months? What excuse has Chris made? He can't tell them this is for Laila because he wanted to keep that as a secret, avoiding the paparazzi's to discover. So, what would Chris say?

"Stop fidgeting, Lucy." Chris whispered, his lips touching my loose hair. I shuddered but blocked the electric sensation out of my head for once.

I chuckled uncomfortably to avoid the awkward moment. Chris rolled his eyes, digging his hands into his trouser pockets. He opened his mouth before I could.

"Well you see-"

"Would you like some coffee, mother?" I interrupted Chris. I produced my best grin to my mother but she only raised her eyebrows.

"Continue Chris." She spoke, causing me to groan and Josh to laugh.

Chris looked at me, smiling sweetly.

"Well you see, me and your daughter," he begun, causing me scratch the side of my neck. "Wish to get married. In fact we are already en-"

"YOU TWO WANT TO GET MARRIED?" My mother shouted, standing up in a flash before I could even blink.

I swear either my mum increased the heating in this room high or I'm just sweating because of this confession.

My mother pulled an emotionless face which I hated. I wanted to know what she felt about this. After she shouted, I wasn't so sure she was going to be a fan of Chris anymore.

"Yes, mother and we're already engaged." I said, holding up my finger, illustrating my beautiful engagement ring.

Before my mum could even speak, I turned to Josh and smiled hopefully at him. He grinned at me, clearly not mad that I got engaged behind their backs. He approached me and opened his arms for me to hug him.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around my brother's waist as he rests his chin on my head.

"You sure about this, little sis?" He asked.