7 ♥

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Seven -  Fell heartrendingly

                      I remember at the age of 10, when my grandma was alive, she once asked me what the best feeling in the world is. I said I didn't know because I was still growing and I never experienced a best feeling in my life that made every tingle in my body to join together, producing a pleasurable electrifying current in the middle of my stomach. No, I never experienced that.

                     Until now.

                            I stared at Mr. Shaw's un-flawed features with such awe and confusion. I was surprised he didn't excuse himself from the room because of the awkward aura I was giving off. But guess what? I didn't care! And that feeling developed my happiness as I always care about what people think of me. But now, at this very precious moment, all I could think about was that confession this man here told me.

                                Mr. Shaw was scrutinizing me. When he confessed, his features were soft. I found this foreign because that special feature is only revealed when Laila is in sight. But, he used that action towards me, showing how genuine his feelings are for me. But after noticing my dry mouth agape like a pond fish watching a human sprinkling fish food, his features turned back to his usual poker face.

                                                            This worried me.

                His emerald eyes glistened like the sun in dawn, awaking every living creature. He's so beautiful, it should be illegal.

              Fixing his composure, he pulled away from me and stepped back. "Well?" He finally spoke, questioning me through a grin. "What do you think? Do you think she'll like me back?"

              What?

                      As if reading my mind, he opened his mouth again, "You look shocked. Don't worry, I wasn't referring it to you! I'm dating this girl and... I haven't fully presented my love to her so I was thinking of practicing on you as I am going to confess my feelings to her tonight." He said, laughing awkwardly.

                    I felt a strong bolt drop down into my stomach as I watched him smile at me like what he did was nothing harmless. It was damn right harmless. All the emotions came tumbling in like broken building blocks demanding to get fixed. Anger, sadness, confusion, pain. Oh, pain.

                         I chuckled bluntly, trying to keep my cool composure in process but I was failing miserably and he can see that. Human beings are amazing; they watch someone break into a million pieces and all they do is watch.

                           How could I be so dumb? How could I ever even think for just a minute that Mr. Shaw, a world class billionaire and also the highest respected man in my town could ever fall for a idiotic and poor girl like me?

                                             There aren't enough words in the dictionary to describe how I was feeling right now. If I had to write a novel about my experience of heart break, I would be staring blankly at my type-writer because I wouldn't know which words to perfectise heart break. I'm a perfectionist, I guess. However, what I do know is that heart break feels a lot like an invisible force yanking something out of your chest, possibly your heart? In that process, you are breaking down and crying like your life depended on it, even whispering incoherent sentences like 'I want to die' which, you'll probably regret a few hours later. That's another way to release the suffocation in your chest.