15 - Blood

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Fiften - Blood.

Song of the chapter = Blue Foundation - Eyes On Fire 

A new day and I knew today will go by very slow as today was the day Chris was going to meet my family. 

Oh the joy I thought, grabbing an apple from the kitchen table. 

"Mum, I'm going to school now," I shouted as I slung my bag around my shoulder and twisted the door knob open. 

"Bye honey! Oh and when will Mr. Shaw visit again?" She called out. I rolled my eyes, turning to face my mother. 

This was like fifth time my mum asked that.

She was more excited than I was with the whole dinner-meeting thing. 

Of course I haven't told her that I'm engaged as that was Chris's cue to announce that. However, I did tell mum that me and Chris were dating the other day and she didn't mind at all. She was - in fact merrily thrilled so that was a relief to me. 

She kept asking me how me and Chris dated, when and where we went for our first date blah blah. I appreciated that she was happy for me but sometimes my mother is too much.

And I have never been on a date with Chris so...

"Half eight," I said. I took a bite of my apple. 

"Great!" My mum chirped. "Here are some money. After school, bring these," She said, handing me a paper. It was the groceries list. 

I smiled, tilting my head up. 

"Will do, mother." I said, saluting her as she rolled her eyes, chuckling.

I stepped out of my house after giving my mother a quick peck on the cheeks. 

It was raining as usual, illustrating the typical London weather. 

The thought of Chris meeting Josh and mum was making me even more nervous than I already was. I mean, my family are weird like me but weirder and embarrassing!

What if mum shows my baby pictures to Chris?!

Oh gosh no...

I sighed, running my fingers through my dark hair that was beginning to get wet from the rain but the rain shower doesn't really bother me however I knew that this day will be dragging.

***

That awkward moment when you walk in an empty art room to collect your stuff and you see the woman you hate with all your might.

Mrs. Simpson. 

She was standing there talking to Mrs. Wood, an art teacher, about something which apparently was something hysterical as they both burst out laughing. 

Mrs. Wood wasn't the kindest teacher either more strict but she was pretty too with pitch, straight black hair, perfect blue eyes and pale as snow. She looked like a mysterious woman and most males really were into her including the male teachers. Typical, I know. However, she didn't seem as bad as Mrs. Simpson. 

"Oh gosh Clair," Mrs. Wood said through her laughs, squeezing Mrs. Simpson's shoulder. 

Mrs. Simpson was about to say something but suddenly her eyes landed on mine. She began glaring at me intensely as I returned the glare.