6 ♥

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Six - Like my daughter.

After a long day of school, I decided to go to Mr. Shaw's house instead of mine. Yes, Mr. Shaw works at night so he's at his house right? He can't leave Laila alone of course which is one of the main reasons why he gave me the babysitting job. Duh, Lucy.

Today just wasn't my day and it's mostly because of Mrs. Simpson. She's the biggest bitch I have ever met in my whole entire life! 

Firstly, in literature she kept telling me off with everything. When I was busy day dreaming about Mr. Shaw she would tap my desk with a wooden ruler. Yes, I know I should be concentrating but I haven't finished yet. 

Throughout the whole of the period, she gave me glares. I don't even know what I said. She reacted like this after I said 'inspirational words' about Mr. Shaw! Maybe she knows him...I mean they both look nearly the same age. She must know him! 

What if she loves him and she's mad at me because she can see right through me that I love him. I mean, I am an open book. But she's MRS. Simpson. Mrs and Simpson. Two words that automatically say that she's married to someone else. Thank—excuse my french—fuck for that.

Also at lunch, I accidentally bumped into her and her reaction was something that I couldn't tolerate. She raised her voice, telling me to watch where I was going. The whole dinner hall went silence and then she hid her frown once again with a stupid smile and patted my shoulder, hard. 

So I'm having issues with a bloody teacher!

I'm 18 and I'm having teacher troubles for the love of God! I mean, that's the last thing I want to stress about!

I was by now standing at Mr. Shaw's doorstep, wondering if I should knock his door or not.

"You can do this, Lucy. But what if he thinks I'm a crazy stalker who wouldn't leave him alone? Or what if he gets the catch that I like him?" I said to myself, quietly. 

Just when I was about to knock, Mr. Shaw opened the door, smirking at me.

My eyes widened. Did he hear—NO! Please, God. Block his ears or erase his mind, please! I beg of you! I'm literally, mentally begging right now, God, PLEASE.

Mr. Shaw was holding Laila, her back resting on his stomach. She was smiling at me and that moment looked ever so cute. 

"Were you talking to yourself again, Lucy?" He asked, his lips twitching to a smirk. 

"What do you mean by the term 'again'?" I replied.

He chuckled huskily at my response, causing me to blush in embarrassment. "It's a joke, kiddo," I frowned. Did he see me as a kid? "Anyway, what are you doing here in this fine day?"

"Uhm just making a day plan I guess," I said quietly not even having the courage to look up to him.

Day plan? Way ta go, Lucy.

Mr. Shaw laughed. 

"What are you doing here so early? You know I work at nights." He said. 

"I had a bad day and I thought why not come here and look after Laila to cheer me up." I responded playfully, holding Laila's tiny hands. She giggled. 

"Are you sure you're not here for me?" He joked, satisfied when he saw my cheeks tint. I shook my head at him and he frowned, clearly not happy with my body respond. Ha! Gotcha, Shaw!

He moved aside as I walked in. 

"Would you like coffee? Tea? A soft drink?" He asked.

"Uhm just a glass of coke please." I requested. He nodded then handed me Laila, disappearing into to the kitchen.