32 - Marriage

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Thirty-Two - Marriage. 

Song of the chapter = Cider sky - Northern Lights. 

I can honestly say I have never been so nervous in my life. My heart throbbed violently like an unstoppable drum. Laboriously, my hands began to shake as the feeling of butterflies erupted in my stomach like they are ready to explode. I was breathing rapidly, my palm sweating. I knew I was fidgeting as my mother and Tiffany dressed me up in my wedding dress. 

It was a simple yet beautiful white dress that covered my whole body, including my feet which was another reason why I was nervous to not trip when I'm walking down the aisle.

The wedding dress had a stand up collar and a v-neck which illustrated my collar bones perfectly. The back was open but laced with pretty flower designs, exposing my skin.

My black hair was twisted into a bun with a silvery clip just above my eat. I was wearing long diamond earrings Diane kindly bought me and my make-up was done by Kyra.

She applied simple make-up on me, a mascara, a tad bit of blush and my lips tinted slightly red. 

The door suddenly burst open, revealing Diane who was looking rather stunning with her maroon dress. 

"Oh darling don't you look lovely!" She commented as she clapped her hands together, looking at me so lovingly. 

I blushed. "Thanks Diane."

"Come on now! We don't want Chris waiting do we?" Kyra teased, winking at me. I blushed harder as I stood up from my seat, straightening my dress. 

My mother, who was also looking perfect with her pink dress and darker shawl wrapped her arms around my shoulders, hugging me from behind. 

"You look beautiful dear." She whispered. I could hear the sorrow in her voice. Confused, I turned around to face my mother. 

"Mom, are you upset?" I asked, rubbing my hand down her arm. 

She sniffed and shook her head. "Oh no! Happy tears you see! Just yesterday you were an adorable little girl. Now look at you! A grown woman."

I felt tears build up in my eyes. "Mom I'm still 18."

She laughed. "Still! You look so mature and you're getting married! My sweetie pie," She pulled me for a warm embrace. My stomach clutched and I had an urge to pour my tears out at the loving words of my mother. 

"Now now we don't want you to cry, smudge your make up and scare the life out of Chris, eh?" She joked causing me to chuckle. 

"Let's go." Said Tiffany, wrapping her arm around my waist and squeezing my shoulder with her other hand. She looked extremely beautiful too with her emerald coloured, strapless dress. Thank fully the make up hid most of her scars and damages that Cletus caused. 

Cletus. The adrenaline increased just thinking of him. 

"Don't think about him," Tiffany whispered in my ear as we left the room. "He's not worth it. Besides, Chris bought a house far away from here where Mrs. Simpson, Mrs. Wood or Cletus will know about."

I smiled at her also blushing at the fact that Chris bought us a house. 

"Thanks Tiffany." I replied, my voice shaking as I squeezed her hand. 

"For what?"

"For being m-my best friend."

Tiffany's eyes watered and she pulled me for a quick embrace before the doors to Church opens.