25 - Chris's treat

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Twenty-five - Chris's treat.

Song of the chapter = Bruno Mars - Show Me.

(A/N): Dedicated to a fan of mine, genim12. You're always voting and commenting so yeah- I love you! Haha!

""True love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT — mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe."

                     -The Princess Bride.

It was dawn when I woke up. My body tensed when I felt warm breathing fanning the side of my neck.

I smiled, realising I was laying in Chris's arms, us both seating comfortably on his rocking chair. I snuggled closer to Chris, smelling his fresh Hugo Boss fragrance. My head rested on his chest and I could feel his heart beating. His chest repeatedly rose up from the strong breathing. 

He was asleep.

I pecked his chest, giggling to myself. I've never experienced this before. Laying on the love of my life's lap. Our bodies touching, his arms wrapped around me. 

He was holding me close as if to show an affection of loneliness and need for love. 

I sighed, tingles rushing down my spine as his lips contacted with my neck. He was still asleep which made the atmosphere more funnier. 

Last night, after Chris confessed his personal life to me, I couldn't help myself but share mine too. Of course mine wasn't as bad as his—insecurities and bullying was what I experienced. I wasn't bullied severely—not as bad as Chris anyway. 

We both felt relieved after we opened up to each other. After the emotional conversation with our dark pasts, we both decided to talk about something that wouldn't cause us to cry. Chris hated seeing me cry and I hated the same with him. 

So, we both chatted for hours, in each other's arms about each other. What our favourite food is, our dreams, taste in music.

So far all I know about Chris is that he got bullied, experienced a sever depression, adores the traditional Italian lasagna, his dream is to get married and have many kids with me (of course I blushed at that, feeling the weight of the world in my stomach) and that his tastes in music is similar to mine. We both like alternative rock bands like One Republic, 30 seconds to mars. I told him I found Justin Timberlake's voice attractive and I earned an eye roll from Chris. 

"Lucy?" Chris murmured. His voice sounding with a low hoarse voice. "What time is it?"

I looked up at a old, dusty round clock. 

"Five." I whispered. 

"Why aren't you asleep?"

"I just woke up. I can't sleep now." 

The window, as large as it was, pushed open because of the heavy wind, causing the thin, pale-white curtains to fly gently. 

Chris wrapped his arms around me tighter, kissing the top of my head. My back was pushed slightly to his chest, his fingers smoothly ran its way up and down my arms. I shivered, closing my eyes with a big sigh. 

This was peaceful. The cold wind tasting our bodies as we are in each other's arms. 

"I like cuddling with you." He whispered, his lips touching my hair. 

"I like cuddling with you too." 

"I'm madly in love with you, you don't even realise that."

I turned slightly, my back leaning on his arms that are now resting on the arm chair.