4 ♥

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Four - The real you.

I walked in the middle of an unusual but familiar path. I couldn't see much behind the fog but all I could see through my eyes was a long, gray road.

I didn't know where to go as the entire place was covered in fog. Thick fog. Shrugging, I followed the path, walking through it. I shivered. This place was freezing! Wet fog collided with my face, causing my teeth to rattle. Suddenly, everything seemed frosty. 

Finally, I witnessed a figure approaching me, slowly. It wasn't just an ordinary figure but it looked beautiful, somehow. 

Beautiful because of the perfect body shape; not too skinny and not too over weight . Just right. 

The way those shoulders tensed as it got closer and closer to me, startled me.

I realised that the figure was a man as the fog started shifting away from every step he took. I could see a clear image of his suit.

My eyes were glued to his polished shoes. Then, slowly my eyes trailed it's way up to his perfect body and then his face...

"Mr...Mr. Shaw?" I asked weakly due to the freezing atmosphere.

Mr. Shaw's face was purely pale. His handsome structured face was plastered with coldness. I witnessed his hands dug in his trouser pockets. His wavy hair was neatly placed, a few, short, wavy strands falling on his forehead, magnificently. 

"Lucy." He finally breathed out, as if he was suffering from an un-explainable pain.

I studied his face. It didn't show any emotion, like an emotionless robot. However, his eyes were glued to mine, staring at me intensely. 

My brain ran out of words and my mouth automatically went dry after he spoke my name. For some reason, when my name escapes from his mouth, every living thing in this planet seems to fade away from my brain and a warm feeling runs through my body. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, causing Mr. Shaw to snap out of his gaze. What was that all about?

Mr. Shaw shook his head frowning then turned around and walked away!

He walked away leaving me in this creepy, cold place. 

I thought, stupidly, that he actually cared about me.

Guess not, dumbass! Spoke a voice in my head. 

Frowning, I followed him. Where was he going? Why am I in this strange place? Why would Mr. Shaw leave a young girl alone?

"Wait! Where are you going?" I shouted. I was by now approximately 8 inches away from him, facing his broad back. 

Mr Shaw stopped but did not turn around. 

"Don't fret, my love. I'm not going anywhere. I'm always watching over you, like the sun in the day and the moon in the night." He spoke softly, his voice melting into my heart. 

He called me his love. Why did he call me that? Why does this feeling inside me make me want to jump in joy? 

Mr. Shaw just called you his love, dumbass! The same voice spoke inside my head. 

My legs felt shaky and my heart beat so hard and fast I swear he could've heard it. But what did he mean? Why was he leaving? What did he mean by that sentence?

"What about when it rains, and I can't see the sun or the moon?" I replied, shakily. What the Hell was I talking about?

"Then I will turn into a star in the clouds and wait for your tears to dry."