2 ♥

Chapter Two - His 'interview'

                  Oh snap. Oh snap.

                     Oh snap is what I've been thinking for the last two minutes and a half since Mr. Shaw informed me I'll babysit his daughter. And yes, I counted the time.  

                At this minute, I am currently still standing near a tree, close to Mr. Shaw's mansion. I tilted my head up to the two bodyguards glaring down at me and Mr. Shaw smiling at me, his arms folded. 

                     "Well?" He asked softly, breaking the awkward silence.

                     I bit my bottom lip. This guy is filthy rich and Mom needs money, urgently. Not only mom but Josh and I also. Fidgeting with my hands, I closed my eyes, breathing in.

                             "Yes." I exhaled. Mr. Shaw's face brightened and he pulled out the most enchanting smile I have ever witnessed. He has dimples!

                        "Great. Now miss...?" He spoke, confusion in his tone.

                              "Lucy." I finished the sentence for him.

            He smiled again. "How about we have a drink in my mansion and we can talk money?" 

                          I paused. Did he just ask for me to go to his mansion? Mom always warned me not to go to a stranger's house but if a stranger is hot, you can't really help yourself. It's a joke, kids.

                               "A-alright." I replied. Mr. Shaw looked at his side towards his bodyguards and shooed them away with his hand to them. The bodyguards nodded, leaving me and Mr. Shaw alone. 

                            I gazed at him as he began to return the same gaze back. His clear, pale face created his  virescent eyes highly noticeable. His shoulders wasn't too broad and his cheekbones were perfectly structured.

                          He slid both of his hands into his pocket and walked towards me. The only sound I could hear was the speed of my heartbeat and the clap sound from the heels of his rich, polished shoes. He had an unfamiliar devilish smile plastered on his face, making my legs weak. 

                           "Are you going to enter my mansion or do I have to pick you up myself?" He asked in a demand-able tone. My eyebrows shot up. There's a surprise.

                                  Although I wondered how a question could convert into a demand, I was appalled at his tone. It was harsh now, the sweetness that once adapted in his voice gone for who knows how many decades. His smile lowered in slow motion and suddenly he pulled out a bored look, his lips tight together. 

                             "I-I'm sorry." I whispered so low that it was very rare for him to actually hear me. He sensed my silent hesitation and turned his heel, walking ahead of me.

                           "Follow me girly." He demanded once again, this time his voice rose. I gulped, following him.

                         As I entered his garden, I couldn't concentrate on the beautification of the roses. In fact, the only thing that was playing in my head was why Mr. Shaw transformed into an arrogant man when just five minutes ago, he was the kindest gentleman I have ever met.