31 - Comfort

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter - Thirty- One - Fixing this. 

(A/N): I'm so sorry It took fifty years to update this :(. I hope this chapter is good enough for you! This story is close to ending so please, vote, comment and share please please with a cherry on top :D.

 [Lucy's POV]

"Lucy!"

My eyes flickered open at the smooth but annoying voice calling my name. I moaned, squeezing my eyes before blinking them repeatedly. My mind was fuzzy and I couldn't help but wonder about my last remnants of my dream being chased away by the realisation that I am awake again. It was a horrible dream about me finding a black wedding dress on my bed.

With a sigh, I allowed my brain to focus. I cautiously opened my eyes and ended up facing Chris's beautiful face. I could see his nervous eyes staring back at me. I tried to study his face, but the only thing that my mind kept informing me was that he looked stressed and worried. 

I sat up, ignoring the heaviness in my whole body. 

"Chris?" Was the first word that escaped my mouth. I cringed at my croaked and fresh voice. 

He smiled that warming smile at me, resting his hand on top of mine that was resting on my lap. 

"You're awake." He stated, stroking his thumb on the back of my hand.

I nodded. "How long was I out?"

"Five hours," He said after glancing at the clock on the opposite wall. "You're a heavy sleeper."

I smiled, not knowing what to reply. 

He sighed with a frown, staring at our hands. 

"Chris? What's the matter?"

"Lucy," He breathed. He squeezed my hand then lifted it up to the level of his mouth and pecked it. "Your friend, Tiffany..."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What about her?"

"She...she—"

"Chris what happened to her?" 

I felt an unstoppable rush building in the pit of my stomach. I hoped it was a stomach indigestion but my negative brain latched on to it, making me think something undesirably vicious occurred. 

"She's been missing for a while now. Everyone's worried." He blurted.

My body froze as the negative thoughts flooded in my mind. What if something happened to her? What if—

"Lucy, when was the last time you saw her?"

I gulped a lump. "Your mom's bridal store. But that was hours ago."

Chris sighed then stood up, holding out his hand. I clasped my hand on his and pushed myself off the bed. He guided me out of our room and we both walked down the stairs to the living room where everyone was. 

I saw Tony with his head in his hands and his mother rubbing his back with my mom sitting with him, calming him down, Josh and David were pacing around the room, their eyebrows furrowed and their phones connected on their ears. Diane and the rest of Chris's sisters were trying to calm the atmosphere down but it definitely wasn't working. 

My heart started to beat harder and faster, adrenaline level rising up. 

"How long has she been missing for?" I whispered to Chris. He squeezed my hand.