28 - Spongebob

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Twenty - Eight - Spongebob.

Song of the chapter = Katy Perry - Who Am I Living For.

"A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."

                  - Eleanor Roosevelt 

I couldn't get used to Chris staring at me intensely. He's been staring at me through out the whole ride to Dreamworld, a popular amusement park in Australia. I tried to look more acknowledged, keeping my back straight and sweet talking with Laila who was comfortably sitting on my lap, her little fingers embracing the flowery print of my dress. 

I was sat on the passenger seat with Chris driving but I can still feel his eyes on me here and there. Like, when a small traffic occurred, his eyes were glued to my face. I was secure with the fact that he could comprehend my silence through out the past weeks, after the engagement party.

I wanted to talk about it, I really did to Chris. Tell him what's been bugging these past weeks—the whole Cletus thing and all. Cletus was someone who was mystified in my mind but not in a good way. Just picturing him right now bugged me. It scared me and I couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable like he's right here, this very moment.

I've been feeling like that lately actually. I feel like I'm being watched. My mind keeps screaming someone is out there—more like Cletus. 

What happened in the engagement party is something I couldn't understand fully. To be honest, I'm not even certain if whatever happened actually happened. I knew I was losing it, losing myself somehow which is insanitary and uncommon for me because I didn't actually know why I was losing myself. 

I've lost my sleeps at night—feeling watched again by an intense, dangerous. It wasn't the kind of feeling when Chris gave me one of his intense gazes, no. Because even though it gave me tingles everywhere in my body, the stare wasn't something you would want to avoid. This feeling of being watched by a different intense starer, was something that disturbed me. I felt like a dog with millions of flees in it's fur. That's how crazy I've been feeling lately. 

I dismissed it at first, you know, tried to keep myself busy but everywhere I go, everything I do I feel like I'm being filmed. 

When that feeling occurs, it's usually at night. And when it happens, my mind screams one name.

Cletus. 

I know there is something wrong with that guy. The day he pushed me to the restrooms and just randomly let me go, the way he (I'm still rethinking if it was a daydream) rubbed my shoes, his fingers lingering slowly on my ankle. It's not normal. Not normal at all. 

"Momma..." Laila spoke, looking up at me with her innocently large, emerald eyes she shares with her father. 

I looked down at my beautiful girl. "Yes dear?"

She looked outside the window, her face filled with curiosity as she eyed the place we stopped outside. I didn't even realise Chris stopped driving and that we reached for out destination. 

"You've been exceedingly quiet, treasure." Chris noted as he unbuckled his seat belt then turned to me. 

"Have I?" I questioned even though I noticed I have too. Chris raised his eyebrows obviously hinting that there's something wrong. I sighed. "I'm fine. It's just...the wedding is next week so I'm thinking about that, is all."

He leaned closer, rubbing his soft fingers on my arm, up and down very slowly as if I wasn't feeling anything—when, in fact, I was feeling a rush of blood heating on my face and little sparks in my body.