27 - Engagement party

Marrying Mr. Shaw - Chapter Twenty-Seven - Engagement party. 

Song of the chapter = Skillet - Falling Inside The Black.

It is the strange fate of man, that even in the greatest of evils the fear of the worst continues to haunt him.

                            - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 

Lucy's POV.

"You okay? You've been quiet all day." Chris commented as he entered our bedroom. He was struggling with his tie so I walked over and helped him out. "Thanks."

"I'm fine." I lied. 

I wasn't happy but I wasn't upset either. I was still alarmed after what happened earlier today. 

Me, Tony and Laila went for some clothes shopping for the engagement party and we chose to go to buy a dress first for me. Never have I thought I would face a nearly death experience. I don't even understand what happened but a random man dragged me into the restroom's with his hand clasped on my mouth. 

I remember his face. I shuddered. Mind you, he was, in fact, attractive—not as handsome as Chris but he had the don't-mess-with-me-look with his straight pitch black hair that was in a up-form—big hair basically. He was certainly pale—in fact, so pale that it makes me re-think if vampires really do exist. His dark eyes were the ones that creep me out. It looked so fake or maybe it just developed into that colour because even though his eyes were black, they had a touch of blue. I figured he was probably a drug addict because of the lack of exhaustion on his face, dark circles underneath those eyes and plus when he spoke to me, I could smell the disgusting drugs. 

But something about him really disturbed me. He looked like some psycho who escaped a mental hospital or something. 

"Lucy?" Chris questioned, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Yes?"

"The guests have arrived."

I bit my bottom lip. "Oh."

Chris chuckled, approaching me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Our lips were inches apart and our nose were touching. I felt a smooth shiver run down my spine as he begins rubbing his hand up and down my back. He leans forward silently, kissing my jaw then trailing his lips until it touches the corner of mine.

I wrap my arms around him, embracing the warm sensation between our bodies. 

Before we could kiss and enter our dreamland, someone barged into the room, breathing in and out. Me and Chris snapped our heads at the direction and glared at the figure.

"Tony." Me and Chris spoke in unison. 

"Guys there are like a million people out there!" Tony exclaimed almost breathless. 

Now I was feeling very anxious. All those people out there! I can't believe Chris invited that many people!

"I can't believe you invited that many people!" I said, repeating my thoughts at Chris. 

Chris rolled his eyes. "Come on baby, people need to know the lucky charm I'm getting married too."

Me and Tony scoffed in unison earning a glare from Chris. 

"Oh and guess who I saw?" Tony said eagerly. Me and Chris just stared at him blankly, waiting for him to say something. "CLETUS!"

"Cletus?" Chris questioned, sounding almost excited.