"I love you, girl. I'll always be your best friend." She whispered then stepped back as my mother took my arm. I smiled at her once again and turned to the doors. 

The doors suddenly opened and my breath got caught in my throat. My stomach tightened and my heart sped up, fearing that it would actually skip a beat. My legs suddenly didn't have enough power to hold me and my head was spinning. 

Chris was standing there with a black tuxedo and tie. His 6'2 body frame relaxed in the suit, his full lips smiling at me. The twinkly emerald eyes of his glazed astoundingly, roaming up and down my body but not in a pervy way, more of a loving way. His dark wavy hair was neatly placed, few strands from the front falling on his forehead, perfectly. 

'I think it'd be nice with you.'

Northern Lights by Cider Sky played in my head. Breathing in, I began walking down the aisle.

"You can do this, sweetie." Mom assured me but her voice seemed like it was far away. She grasped my arm tightly, recognising my nervousness. 

My eyes were glued to my feet as I took steps after steps. I didn't even glance at audience who were murmuring and telling each other to shush. All the voices and visions became a blur as I finally lifted my eyes from my feet and stared back at my handsome husband to be; Chris. 

His perfect face broke into a breathtaking, divine and exquisite smile. 

I didn't realise I was holding a pair of red roses until my mother back away and removed her hand from my arm. I turned slightly to my mother, giving her a questioning look on why she let go. She smiled at me, nodding slowly. Gulping, I closed my eyes and took another dramatic breath in and turned around to Chris. 

He took hold of my hand, giving it a small squeeze. I felt like, for the first time that I was home. His and felt so warm and I couldn't help but smile that he was nervous too. We entwined our hands, our eyes never leaving each other. I knew the priest was discoursing the prayers, saying his parts but I didn't hear any of that because of Chris's loving gaze. He did not, not once, remove a smile off his face. 

"Christopher? Would you like to say your vows?" The priest asked him kindly. Chris nodded. 

He grabbed both of my hands and stared deeply into my eyes. Finally, his mouth opened. 

"Lucy. My beautiful Lucy—my treasure. I love you so much. This is a roller coaster for us and I can honestly repeat it all my life that I love you. I love you more than yesterday, but less than tomorrow. Our love will continue to grow...and grow.

My love, you have helped me in so many ways that I am thankful for. I also thank you for all your presence. I know I upset you that one time when I told you I liked you but it wasn't meant for you, I know that and I am extremely sorry. 

But now, I can be honest that maybe that was for the best because we both realised how much we loved each other in different circumstances. I can't begin to tell you how much you mean to me.

You are a very lucky lady, Lucy. Not because you are marrying me, although I suppose she could have done worse. No, I mean because today you also gained two wonderful parents-by-marriage. 

The only thing you need to know, my love is that I want to thank you for being a part of my world, for being lovely and for being my bride. You are the lady of my dreams, the lady I laugh with, my best friend and my soul mate. Our marriage will be an adventure indeed, treasure. So here's a request, grow old with me?

He took off my engagement ring and inserted a familiar ring to it but it had more diamond stones than ruby. The wedding ring brightened beautifully on my finger.

I didn't realise I was crying and smiling at the same time when I suddenly felt my tears pouring down my cheeks. 

Before the priest could ask me about my speech, I suddenly spoke. 

"Every night in my dreams, I see you, Chris. You opened the door to my life and now you're in my heart. I love you so much, you've protected me, you've been patient with me, you've showed me what's wrong and right from your perspective, you've given me a bundle of love I feel I don't deserve but you make me feel like I do.

You make me beautiful and I'm sorry my speech isn't as big and beautiful as yours but I certainly can't think of anything to say but to preach that I love you. So here it goes, I love you so much to the moon and back. Not even death can do us apart."

I slid his wedding ring into his finger, my hands shaking but his smile warmed and relaxed me.

Chris's eyes shun with a gleam as a warm tear slid down his cheeks. I had an urge to wipe it off right away as I didn't like seeing him cry. His touch gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. 

"I do." We both vowed in unison. 

"I know declare you husband and wife," The priest spoke, causing the audience to cheer. He turned slightly to Chris and smiled. "You may kiss the bride."

My breath suddenly caught in my throat as Chris leaned closer to me, cradling my face carefully with his hands. I stood there, frozen as I felt my tears building up again in happiness that this man is now my husband. 

Holding my bouquet firmly, I wrapped my arms around his neck gently as his lips finally touched mine. The kiss made me forget everything for a while and only focusing on the fact that this man is my husband. 

The kiss deepened as our tongues connected beautiful and the cheers of the audience increased with such joy. 

"I love you." He whispered after we pulled away. 

"I love you too." I replied, resting my head on his chest. 

We entwined our hands together, staring deeply and lovingly at each other. 

Suddenly a bang tore off our gaze and the audience began screaming. I looked away from Chris and gasped at who was standing in front of me. 

"Cletus." I managed to choke out.