Chapter 51 Futur thoughts

*I slowly started to stir from sleep. I no longer felt groggy. I could tell the world wide mating season was finally over due to the fact I no longer felt lustful and my mind was grounded again.I felt an arm tighten around my waist pulling me closer to a bare chest. Zander felt really warm like the warm sun on a spring day with a cool breeze blowing in contrast to my semi cold blooded ness, but not entirely either. I looked upwards a bit meeting Zander's sleepy face I suppressed a giggle since I didn't want to sound childish or girly in no means was I girly other than how I looked, but I must say I don't look like a child anymore I am in full swing as a woman.*(grrr hear me roar I am mighty woman! Sry I couldn't resist😂)

"Mornin, or...is it night?"

"I don't know my sleep scedual is outta wack."

*I curled my tail around Zander's right leg which I was spooning with, currently with my position atop  of his chest. I curled my hands up slightly into a loose fist having my hand rest on Zander's left pectoral and my right hand on his shoulder next to where I had marked him.*

"You know lil miss draco I was thinking how good that mates bond looks on you."

"I was thinking the same thing."

*We both held slight smirks at each other and Zander let out a chuckle while I gave a small smile.*

"I was wondering this for awhile now...how is it you stay so fit?"

"I thought lil miss draco knew everything?"

"I said most everything I knew. So how does that work for humans staying in shape?"

"Exercise  and healthy eating, I would think you of all beings would know that."

"Hmmm...well what I didn't tell you was that dragons don't know the personal lives outside of fighting and a select few humans."

"How is it you lil miss draco stay in shape if almost all you do is sleep and eat?!"

"Muscle memory as long as I don't eat fatty foods then my body converts that food into energy faster than humans which is like for me in human terms on a constant state of burning a hundred calories by just sitting and breathing. Of course in sleep my body shuts down to only burning ten calories per hour so I don't overwork my body and can keep the minimum layer of fat needed for carrying young. Believe it or not dragons are one of the few reptiles and semi reptiles that have the layer of fat mammals do...well females anyway for keeping young in our uterus." (that is the correct term not stomach)

"That makes sense, but do you lay eggs or give birth to live young?"

"Well that can vary I can do both give birth as well as lay eggs it's just oversized and over mature eggs from my ovaries kinda like passing a kidney stone only five times bigger and once out of your body it grows even more expanding with the child."

*Zander gently combed his fingers through my hair as I was telling him all of this information.*

"Would you want to have kids?"

*I could sense and feel the anxiety from Zander as well as possible worry. My lips curled up into a smile.*

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?"

*I shifted my head to look at Zander and I saw extreme happiness and joy in his eyes.*

"Of course not here it isn't the den I made and I won't have them anywhere else."

"Where is this den might I ask?"

"Unless you are on me or have extreme flying reflexes then you will die let's just say that."

"Is it in the earth?"

"Sorta, but no it isn't underneath the crust it is too hot and it would kill any eggs or live born kids."

"Another question..."

"What's that?"

*Zander's  fingers stop messing with my hair as he became a bit ridged and serious.*

"Can you even have any children with me since I am not totally a dragon?"

"Well my body other than the obvious and a few minor internal things; in this form is the same as a humans so I would say yes, yes I can."

*Zander's hands went back to messing with my now silky hair.*

"So then inter species mix would work?"

"Zander dragons DNA is so closely related to a humans we could be mistaken on the molecular level as one just with more tolerance to harsh elements that would kill a human and the obvious dragon traits."

"Really now, I didn't know that, humans were so closely related to dragons."

"Well for Ancient Breeds anyway I don't know about the new dragons they are closer to reptile than man now they are too domesticated and have lost their exterior hearts so I don't believe they are more closely relate to reptiles  than humans anymore."