Chapter 14 The Facts

"Ok new note in my journal, you have wing flaps that can't be found by normal means and only in flight with extra weight do they come out. Sound right?"

"Yup pretty much. Why are you keeping a journal tho?"

"To keep track of progress deceleration growth eating habits, this is all going to eventually go into a book due to you being a dragon."

"FYI I am the last of my species in case you didn't already figure that out."

"What species would that be?"

"One around the 1600 I don't know which species, but I do know I am the last of them."

"How would you know?"

"Dragons have a thing where they can tell when a member of their species is close by and I don't feel any presence of my species."

"Yet another thing for the journal all dragons can tell when a member of their species is close by."

"You done yet?"

"Yeah,continue."

"Anyway other dragons have certain scent and spirit monitors where you can pick it up and know exactly who it is and what species. Their is a higher arcky also,just like the Cornel is the Alpha to you their is an Alpha to dragons."

"So who is the higher archy for the dragons?"

"Well,I will let you figure that out. anyway, it can shift around, but the Alpha isn't an Alpha until they have a mate. In other terms a life long partner like a married couple only a lot longer and stronger of a bond rather than a ring symbolizing a bond dragons can make different bonds different ways. Like a dragon marks his ot her rider they might mark their mate with their scales or blood."

"Kinda gross, but ok."

"You see humans have tamed dragons down far too much to their will so unlike at the time I was laid dragons can now only have one egg a life time instead of one egg a year. That's only assuming the dragon can lay eggs and the dragon will hatch to, instead of the probability being 50% hatch rate it's 15% if even."

"So this is because of why?"

"I would think since your a D.H.C you would know."

"More or less. Oh crap we are going to be late for class!!"

*Zander grabbed my hand and pulled me along to class. We barley made it to our seats before the bell rang and yet another boring class.*

"Ok today we will be learning about the Dragon War."

*This just got interesting.*

"During the Dragon War the dragons were the first to strike. Nobody knows why but they did. Once the war started people started to go out and hunt the ancient species down for their hearts. At the time dragons hearts weren't a muscle at all that pumped blood, but rather a gem like orb located on the outside of their chest. Their powers resinated their as well as their wild spirit. Later on during the war a few people had started to notice these dragons were losing their hearts and becoming more grounded. They got the idea to try and ride and tame them. At the time it was unheard of to ride a dragon. Weather the men were foolish or brave only one could say in the end it was the concocting of the mighty animal that you are here today at the academy."

*Fairly accurate tho partially wrong.*

"I can tell you how the Dragon War started. You are partially correct with who started the war, it was actually a solider who found a dragons heart laying outside of a cave he took it without thinking. Thus causing the gem with the powers yet to be transfers to the egg to cause the mother dragon to go after the solider. If he had waited only five minutes longer the war never would have broken out. In the end the mother dragon went after the solider in a calm manner trying to take the heart back. The solider wouldn't comply.A dragons heart is a sacred thing and a crime to steal one which hasn't had its powers transfers to the egg. So of course the she dragon was furious she tried to take it back in the process the solider drew up his sword and a collision happened thus the Dragon War. It was all started by the stealing of a still none transferred heart."

"What proof do you have that that is indeed what happened?"

"I was the one in the egg so I know exactly how it went down.The dragons heart is still out their yet to be transferred so I can still feel it's power as well as the other dragons which quak in fear due to them no longer bearing the dragons heart."

"That would make you an ancient breed would it not?"

"I never hatched till this era so who's to say what I am and what I am not."

"I see....well that is all for dragon history come back after lunch for dragon care to be met by miss Heart your dragon care expert. If you have questions on the care of dragon eggs ask Zander and on your Dragons ask miss Heart."

*Everybody watched as the professor left then they all turned to me. I didn't pay heed to them tho. The feathers along my bust and abdomen had gotten a bit longer and more full still exposing my stomach but tiny feather ran up my sides connecting the two sections of larger feathers. My wings still remained folded tightly to my body and it hurt not being able to keep them at a relaxed folded position like I use to be able to do, but they were much larger now so I had to keep them folded even more.*