Chapter 34 One Quarter Inch

"Clarify what that is sopost to mean please."

"That means that as long as you have those scales on your arm your bones won't break in those areas and if fire were to say catch there you wouldn't feel it except its heat."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yes,expect since my blood was used in that concoction any abilities I have you can withstand against,in that arm at least."

"What would happen if it went to my bone?"

*My face got darker at the question.*

"Only one of two things. You get incredible abilities in your whole body that of a dragon with only what you see now in your right arm,or your body rejects the bone and you either die or your arm decays."

*I looked back at Zander's arm I lowered my head to it flicking my tong over the scales.*

"Well there are traces of parts purely dragon though as you go deeper it dissipates back to human so you should be ok human blood is dominate over most species of dragon blood and dragon blood is compatible with all blood types just not bone."

"Well I guess that is a good thing..."

*I kept my face close to his scales sniffing them. It gave a very faint fragrance different of that of his human flesh it was almost amplified though traces of something else I couldn't quit pinpoint.*

"Iceis,Iceis!"

"Yes."

"You have been smelling me for the past seven minutes."

*I released Zander's arm and took a few steps back.*

"What was so interesting that you had to smell my arm for seven minutes?"

"Your scent. It's...different."

"If I didn't know you were a dragon that would be a very weird sentence."

"Yeah it would."

*I swished my tail back and forth lazily. I got an idea. I brought my feathers in front of Zander and brushed it against his nose. He started to sneeze and he ran away trying to block my tail I chased him out of the room and he was really fast! I ended up taking low flight I would get in front of Zander and turn around quickly brushing my feathers over his nose causing him to sneeze and he ran away so that continued on until we both collapsed panting I collapsed from my wings killing me Zander lost energy. We both laid in the grass catching our breath and watching the clouds move.*

"Well you certainly got better at flying."

"You got faster at running."

"I noticed your tail feathers were contracting a little as you were flying and not contracting with the wind."

"Really now..???"

*I brought my tail in front of me and concentrated on my tail, my tail indeed contracted more it contracted about a quarter inch.*

"Yay I can move my tail feathers!"

"Oh yeah,how exactly did you get a tail anyway?"

"Umm....I guess I matured more?"

"I thought you already were matured to an adult."

"No in dragon years  technically from laying to hatching I am,though just hatching I am still considered a fledgling just now going into my teens."

"How is this(gesture of body) a body of an early teen?!"

"It doesn't matter how I look it's time and how quickly my dragon body matures."

"Wait does that mean once you are fully mature you will be a dragon?"

"Hmmm no probly not. As for dragon characteristics go my eyes will get much sharper and more distinct nails sharper and my feathers and hair skins pretty much my whole body will become a lot more brighter well my feathers and hair my skin will look a lot more youthful meaning no sign of scars skin damage nothing of that sort though my skin will probably be just as pale."

"So will you ever be a full dragon,or what?"

"Time will tell,but probably once certain things come into play I will."

"What sort of things?"

"Hmmm well. None.of.your.buisness."

".........that personal?"

"Yes."

"Ok well I won't press."

*I got an evil idea and I leap onto Zander I started to lick his head and chew on his blond hair.*

"I was right your hair does taste like lemons and the sun!"

"Hey I just washed my hair!"

"You can chew on mine next then!"

"Ewwww no!"

"That hurts,amongst dragons it is considered a great honor to have your mane of hair groomed by another."

*Zander gave me a weird look. I broke out laughing after three seconds.*

"I am just messing with you,rarely do dragons groom each other I just wanted to see if your hair tasted how it looks,and it does!"

"Fine while you are back there restyle my hair for me."

"Mkk."

*I brushed my toung over his hair giving him a spiky look since my saliva was sticky then a cowlick forward I looked at my look and broke out grinning he looked cool with this hair due he looked mysteries and it matched his ebony scaled arm.*

"Done!"