Chapter 24 Water Training

"Now,where exactly is a body of water?"

"Well we are sopost to have lessons tomorrow on types of elements. One of which is seeing if the dragons can be water types so you can test it out then."

"Fine,I can wait a day."

(Next day)

*Everybody was surrounding this huge aquarium and you could obviously tell which species were aquatic,but then some of them had two elements so they had to test all of the fledgling dragons unless they obviously didn't want to have anything to do with the water.*

"Ok class those of you who have obvious aquatic dragons set them in the tank. Those of you who aren't sure set them over in the kitty pool those of you who are absolute sure they don't have an aquatic type have the day off to do some research on there dragon."

*I let my wing skim the waters surface testing to see if the goo would hold and was water proof,it was. My feathers despite being in the goo went with the water like a jellyfish drifting through the waves. I stepped over to the aquarium and jumped in. I might not have my wings,but I still had a good jump. When I hit the water I was met with a cold shock my feathers immediately clung tighter to my body and started to heat up leaving only a few feathers on the side where they could only release extra heat and no water could get in. My draperies became extremely slack and floated around me my hair stiffened so it was in sharp spike like sections my wing flaps tried to come out,but couldn't so I worked a bit harder to keep myself afloat seeing as I didn't know how to use my hands and legs in water.*

"Ok very good I will let everybody that had an aquatic dragon get into a wet suit everybody else has the day off if they don't have an aquatic type,or second water element."

*Zander went into a changing room and came out in an extremely tight wet suit. For a moment I forgot how to use my wings and began to go under. I quickly regained my composure once I realized I had sunk to the bottom I used my wings to get me back up in these waters I weighed even less than ten pounds so I didn't have any strain on my wings. I surfaced next to Zander and he looked my appearance over seeing the small changes I had undergone to adapt to the water.*

"Very nice look. So Miss Heart said that to tell you she is extremely sorry for breaking your wing,and these waters have some healing properties and combined with your ermm...spit it shouldn't be too long as long as you swim in here everyday then your wings should be healed in two or three weeks."

"Cool."

*I was watching as my draperies floated in the water and I got an idea. I dove under and took them in my mouth and my theory was right I could breath under water with these. I resurfaced seeing a confused Zander.*

"Ok,Zander want to breath under water?"

"Sure?"

"Ok,just put my draperies...."

"No I won't be doing that,isn't that where your paralysis needles are?"

"Different muscles do different things. It's fine you won't get poked."

"I swear..."

*Before Zander could complain any father I shoved him under water it looked like he was finally giving up and grabbed my draperies length wise and started in hail with the air that was getting filtered through them like a pipe with water,only with air.*

'Iceis are you trying to kill me?!!'

'No'

'Then why did you do that?!'

'To prove to you,you could breath under water.'

'I said this once an I will say it again you are going to be the death of me!'

'Oh relax and enjoy the ride.'

*I started to use my wings under water it felt weird being under water it appeared that my hair that had stiffened was acting like gills so I was able to breath. I would gain moment,tho it was a Kit slower each stroke I took with my wings I wanted my flaps to come out,but they couldn't so I would push off of things and partially tuck my wings so I would speed through the water. I finally figured out how to use my legs and started to move them up and down and with my wings I was starting to speed through the water causing a air bubble to form around Zander's head I could exactly put him in my back to swimming so I was holding onto him close to my stomach like a rumor to a shark.It hurt to use my wings after awhile so I starts to re surface again shoving Zander up to the surface of the water I followed suit shortly after. I let my wings spread out full across the water so I was staying buoyant. I hooked my slowly regrouping talons back into the glass and started to climb back up it. Water dropped off of me and I still held my aquatic appearance for quiet awhile I was able to breathe,but my hair still remained stiff and my feathers close to my body so they weren't fluffy like they would be for flight. As I started to dry off my appearance started to slip back to a fluffy one. My wings still hurt and I could hear a little bit of popping from nerves and muscle slowly reconnecting.It stopped after five minutes I knew there was still a lot of muscle and nerve to reconnect so I was going to be out of the sky for awhile.*