Chapter 16 Dragon Care

(Pic if Miss Heart)

*I set my plates down and Lilly set her plate as well as my plates down on the table. Zander was just looking at me with huge eyes.*

"How in the world are you going to fit all of that food in your stomach?!"

"I might look human,but I am not I still have the appetite of a dragon."

"That is obvious! You do realize you only have ten minutes to eat nineteen plates of potato salad and steak right?"

"No*munch* ten."

"You already ate nine plates in only five minutes?!"

"Done!"

"That is the fastest anybody has ever eatten!"

"Come on we have some kind of class next what was it again?"

"Dragon care with Miss Heart."

"Seriously?!"

"Why,is that a problem?"

"Yes!"

"Why is it?"

"You will know soon enough....I hate this body!"

"There,there everything will be ok."

*Zander had patted my head like a dog trying to calm me.*

"Please, don't do that....Gosh we gotta go!"

*I yanked Zander along to our next class.*

"How do you even know where we are going?!"

"Internal GPS."

"Man,I wish I had one."

"That's why you have me."

*We both made it to our seats and actually had time to choose. I went to the far back and Zander followed. I went over to a window this time when I went by it I had a sudden feeling of danger wash over me. I went invisible as I was still holding onto Zander's wrist. It stung for a moment as I was in the sun invisible,but it seemed I had finally built up an immunity to the sun in this invisible form as I had grown. A few moments later Miss Heart walked in and she was holding a dagger. I released Zander's hand and stepped back. Miss Heart had been looking our way and she had a shocked look on her face.*

"Where did you come from Zander?"

"I have been here the whole time."

"That's odd... today we learn about dragon care. To start off I thought I should show you the enemy of the ancient breeds. This is a dagger that was used to impale some of the ancient breeds. Of course now adays if you are found with a dragon slayer weapon you will be expelled. I only have it here under special permission."

*Zander looked around the room confused in trying to find me.*

'Iceis where did you go?'

'Get that weapon out of here!'

'Ok just relax.'

"Miss Heart, the dagger is causing my companion discomfort. Can you take it out?"

"Of course.I didn't realize you had been given a dragon since you are a D.H.C"

"Special conditions."

"As I was saying today we are going to learn about how to take care of dragons. Today we are going to teach you how to wash your dragon. Each dragon has to be washed a different way depending on their species and personal preference. Please divide up into your elemental group and if you fall under exotic then form a group by the window."

*The dagger was locked in her desk and so I came out from my defensive hiding. I sat on the desk in front of Zander. I was debating on weather or not the room would be large enough for me to stretch my wings which were starting to really cramp and came to the conclusion it wasn't big enough. The groups had formed nine groups Zander and one other guy being the exotic group.*

"Very good. We will now take your dragons outside for a washing and instructions on how to wash them."

*Zander and I filed out last and when we were in the open I could finally open my wings up,before I could do that tho Miss Heart started to talk again.*

"Ok your typical scale brushes consist of a hard brush, scale shine,wax if their scales are hard enough, and velvety wing conditioner. If your dragons are ice you will use warm water or the water will freeze, if they are fire steam or the water will just burn up and if they are water sea foam solution is to be included in the water mix and earth a water solution with only one cup of mud to make sure their scales don't dry out. If you have any questions then just come to me."

"Miss Heart Iceis doesn't have any scales."

"Where is she?"

"I am right here."

"Your his companion?"

"Yes."

"How old are you?"

"About a month since I have hatched."

"Can you open your wings for me?"

*I opened my wings up slowly seeing as they were so stiff that they now hurt to move.*

"Are your wings hurting you?"

"Yeah they are just a bit stiff."

*Miss Heart gently took my wing in her hand then started go along the frame of it applying pressure gently along it until she hit a nerve and I yanked my wing back and my tin fold of wing dropped.It dropped several lengths further down and my wing sagged from the weight.*

"That is the most wing fold I have ever seen on a dragon for your age. I can hardly believe all of that is triggered by only one nerve instead of the ten that usually hold the flaps back. Can you fly?"

"Yes,just put it back my wings already hurts as it it without all that extra weight!"

*Miss Heart felt along my wing frame again and came to the joint and pressed the same nerve she pressed earlier and my wing went with the pressure folding up and taking the extra wing fold of feathers with it.*

"You certainly have an advanced dragon. All of the care guides don't say anything about feathers I would suggest looking at bird books to get an idea in what to do about her feathers."

"He is not going to be bathing me!"

*My wings extended with some cracking due to the stiffness of my wings and I believe the amount of air trapped in my feathers.*

"Ok,how is he sopost to take care of you then?"

"Feed me,love me, and take me out to stretch my wings. I can do the rest on my own."

"Iceis,once again that makes you sound like a dog."

"Well I am not so get over it."