Chapter 4 ItchyItchyand even more Itchy!

Pic of Archanediese Above

*I had just woken up and my head was a tad itchy. I started to scratch and I was good afterwards. I looked around the room for Zander and he was looking pretty frightened. I came out of my camouflage mode and let myself become revealed.*

"Where have you been?!"

*I looked sleepily at Zander and pointed to where I was standing.*

"I checked there,and you weren't there!"

*It was pointless to try and explain it to him,while I was still just a hatchling and could only say two words. I scratched my head again more vigorously and that caused me to get some hair under my nails.*

"Whats wrong? Are you itchy?"

*I nodded yes,Zander came over and started to scratch my head and after that I had to have my head be scratched even more. Zander had stopped and anything that could satisfy my itch I would scratch my head on. I was scratching it to a bloody mess.*

"Hey stop that your going to hurt yourself if you haven't already!"

*Zander came over and pulled me away from the edge of the table I was scratching on and that just made me go even more vigorously to scratch on something.*

"Uggh if you wont stop then I am going to put a cone on you!"

*I ran for the window and gliding right through it and ran for the tree which looked like an excellent place to scratch on. Zander came out yelling for me to come back,but before I could get to the tree something big and scaly was suddenly in my path. I knew it was an older dragon by the way it moved.*

'Hello little one,why are you in such a hurry?'

'I am sooooo itchy!!!'

'Here let me try something.'

*The older dragon was now using his razor sharp tong to lick my scalp and it took up a few places of hair about the diameter of a silver dollar. It didn't hurt at all. On the contrary it was satisfying my need to scratch. I pulled away when he went too far down Blood was trickling down my head,but not a lot.*

'Better?'

"Yeah what did you do?"

'I was only a hatchling when the Dragon War broke out, but I remember vaguely that your species had this happen right before they had some drappings of sorts come from their head and they became really itchy and wanted to do nothing,but scratch to unearth the new growth.'

'It helped a lot thanks!'

"Ughhh why are you bleeding now?! Hey what is with that weird growth from your head? Are they horns?"

*I touched my head and I felt something from where the hair had been scratched away start to protrude covering up the spot compleatly. It felt hard and soft at the same time. It kinda had the pattern of a weeping willow branch,but with the hardness of diamond. When I trained my head to listen to a noise they would stiffen a little.*

"Why is it little dragon you are growing so rapidly?! Baby dragons grow fast,but not this fast!"

*I shrugged,his guess was as good as mine.*

"Ok we are going to go to the library to see if we can find any research on your species of dragon."

*I followed Zander to a big dome building which was clear,so I guess it was glass.When we entered an older man came to greet us. He was silver with age and he had a wrinkly face.*

"Hello Zander what brings you and your little friend here today?"

"Research on some dragons."

"Ahh,what species is it this time? Lightning,water,snow?"

"Well I am not sure myself. The species isn't one I have ever seen. Well actually this is her."

*Zander pushed me forward and I looked into the old mans eyes and saw wisdom and kindness. I instantly took a liking to him.*

"Zander,you aren't drunk are you? This is a little girl not a dragon."

"I am not drunk Archimedes."

"Well little girl,are you a dragon?"

*I gave a fanged smile and let my eyes flash a mist blue.*

"I see,you weren't lying,she is a dragon. Ok first thing is first we should research these markings around her eyes. They might be a clue as to what species she is."

"What rings?"

"See these red rings around her eyes. They might be a tad hard to see,but she isn't in an attacking motion so you should be ok to look at her eyes to see it around the outside of her eye lids like mascara."

"Your right. It kinda looks like a little red raccoon mask,only smaller and more contained."

*I looked between the two not sure why they were looking at my eyes. I didn't feel threatened so I didn't hypnotize them.*

"Ok here are a few books about red rings around eyes and I also noticed the growth on her head so I got a few books about horns and weird growths."

*When the two were finally done with getting all of their books there were six tables filled with dragon books. almost to the ceiling.There is no way those two are going to look through all of those books before their life is done. I scanned the books and went to the farthest corners of the library and found a couple of books which hadn't been touch in who know how long. There was five inches of dust on them preventing anybody from reading them tho. I blew on the book revealing a jewel covered book and I gently opened the page and found some ancient breeds of dragons. Most rare and some compleatly wiped out. There was a page missing tho ,but what was left of the page was the cover that said Ghost Dragon and a few partial words not enough to piece together tho. I brought this book up to the two and put it on the very end stack and sat down on one of the chairs they had and curled up and fell asleep. My skin however was becoming tight again.*