Chapter 32 The Problem with Baths

"Hey ouch! Not so hard!"

"Hold still I am almost done."

"Oww!! Quit it!"

"There done!"

*Zander had been trying to bath me and somehow smooth talked/tricked me into getting in the stables where they wash the dragons. He had been scrubbing my wings extremely hard trying to lather them really well. What Zander seems to forget is that dragon wings are the most sensitive part on a dragons body so even light scrubbing feels like hell.*

"I think you scrubbed my micro feathers off!"

"I didn't scrub them off. Now close your eyes."

*I closed my eyes feeling scrubbing and soap getting lathered into my hair. With his scrubbing it was making my head move with his hands. A bucket of water was dumped over my head causing the lather to get washed away and my hair to fall in front of my eyes. My draperies had gotten soaked in the scrubbing and now were rendered useless they felt like five pounds each on my head and my hearing was now as humans could hear not nearly as acute. My feathers instead if repelling the water like they normally do were soaking it up an in total I put on fifty pounds if water weight in my feathers!Worst part you can't exactly wring feathers out. At least my wings wings were missing its largest feathers and my micro feathers which were clear and were the size of a single skin cell each. I had enough if this bath and jumped out as Zander was poring water over my head with a hose. I jumped out like a long haired wet dog my feather like hair plastered to my head my body feathers sagging with the weight of water. I gave a huff storming out of the stall half blind from my hair in my eyes I ended up bumping into a bunch of things as I walked I sat out in the sun and tried to fluff my feathers to dry them. Tried being the key word. I brought my head down to my busts feathers and brought my teeth over the feathers using my incisors which were like a mini comb only a lot strong and could also be used to eat not just preen. I combed every individual feathers spitting the water out of my mouth as I combed each individual feather to the best of my ability. I was about to do my torso,but saw Zander walking over. My head hair feathers and draperies were still plastered to my head and most of my body was still dripping wet.*

"Well now you are clean!"

"Don't. Say. Anything. I.Am. Made. At .You!"

*I turned from Zander bending back over preening my feathers I dried them enough to where I could fluff them letting the sun dried them the rest of the way. I got to work on my hair using my fingers to drag through my hair. I untangled most of my feathery hair that was taking on the appearance of a wispy mane of hair. My draperies sadly I couldn't preen and had to dry on their own which would take at least a week to be completely dry this rendering my hearing useless.*

"Come on don't be that way. I can get you some turkey meat."

*I turned my head away from Zander.*

"And some oranges."

*I still didn't move.*

"What about if I throw in some pineapple?"

*Still I wasn't going to turn.*

"Ok, what do I have to do to get you to talk to me?"

"Not give me anymore baths! Then throw in all of the stuff you just said pulse a IOW that I can use any time I see fit."

"Ok,fine deal I won't give ya baths,but you still have to take them yourself."

"That's all I was asking for in the first place!"

*I turned back around with a drapery in my mouth trying to suck the water out of it which was working tho in the process I was causing my tiny needles to get suck up so it caused my tong to go numb. I bit my toung and scrapped it against my teeth trying to get feeling in my tong again. The numbness finally wore off after five minutes. I opened my wings up bearing them up and down it hurt yes, but not nearly as much as it did the first time stretching my wings. My wings were very stiff and it seemed the more I moved my wings around from their unfolded position the better off I was. As I was beating my wings I didn't realize that I had been whipping my wait around until I knocked something over,should I say someone.I looked behind me and saw Zander knocked down and grasping my tail trying to reduce impact. I pulled my tail over in front I my with Zander still on it.*

"Ya ok?"

"Sure...just a..little winded."

"Mkk."

*I moved Zander away from myself as well as my tail then went back to building my wing muscles. I had managed to get a few feet off of the ground and in the process my tail and been whipping around in the air and the feathers caught the wind giving me extra lift. I got too tired after about thirty seconds in the air and dropped my wings to my side an let them drag as I caught my breath.*