I slid off the bed and went to our bedroom. The door was wide open and Brooke wasn't there. I couldn't smell any food so she isn't cooking breakfast. I went downstairs and called her, no response. I ran around the house looking for her but she wasn't there. I tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail. I decided to wait a few hours, thinking she was just out running some errands.

It was now 6:58 am and I had lost all patience in waiting for her. I have been sitting on the stupid chair in the living room close to the front door so I could hear when she came home

I first called her mom.

"Hey Zack? Everything ok? Do I need to come over?"

"Hey Emily. I don't know. I was wondering if Brooke is over at your house. Her car is gone and she hasn't been home for almost 24 hours that I know about. And I tried calling her but it goes straight to voicemail"

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry I haven't talked to her or seen her since the hospital. I'll try calling her and seeing if I can get a hold of her. I'll let you know what happens."

"Thank you so much. I'm going to call Melissa and see if she drove up there. That's what she did last time."

"I have a feeling she's there. Melissa has always been her escape house. Bye Zack."

She hung up and I dialed Melissa. I really hope she's there.

Melissa picked up her phone after 30 seconds of ringing.

"Hola future bro-in-law. How can I help you on this fine day?" she asked all cheery.

"Hi Melissa. By any chance, has Brooke come by your house? Or have you at least talked to her recently?"

"No. Why? Is everything ok?"

"I don't think so. She wasn't home when I woke up, her car is gone, and some of her clothes and stuff like that isn't here either."

"Well shit. I'm sorry Zack, I have no idea where she is. I can try calling her if that's what you want."

"That would be great. Your mom is trying to get a hold of her now but honestly I think she'll only answer to you or Tess."

"I have a feeling your right. I'll call you to tell you what happen."

"Thanks Melissa."

"Mhm. Careful who you call to ask about her. Some people might get more worried than others."

"I will. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and automatically started looking for Tess' name on my recent calls list. If Brooke isn't in Washington with Melissa and Ian, then she's with Tess.

"Hey Loverboy. How's everything with the soon-to-be Mrs." Tess asked.

"I have no idea. She isn't here." my voice dropped.

"What do you mean she isn't there? Is she at the mall or something?"

"I have absolutely no idea. I was kind of hoping she is with you."

"Oh honey I'm sorry, I have no idea where she is. She's still pissed at me because I donated the furniture without her permission."

"God Tess. I'm so sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing because I didn't want her to come home from the hospital and have yet another reminder that she lost the baby."

"I don't give a rats ass that she's pissed at me. You did the right thing and the best thing for her, and if she can't see that then that's her problem." I felt better that Tess wasn't mad at me but I felt awful for doing something to make her best friend pissed at her. "If you want, I can try calling her and try knocking some sense into her. I mean this is ridiculous what she's doing right now."