Laced - Chapter 20 (Broken Promises)

Start from the beginning

"It's a cinnamon crunch bagel, with onion and chives cream cheese spread."

I scrunched up my nose in disgust. "Sounds gross."

"But you just tried it, and it wasn't bad, now, was it?"

I thought about it for a moment. "No, I guess not."

"See, it's the idea that sounds intimidating and unappealing. But in reality, s' not so bad."

I picked up the bagel once again, and took another bite. "It's surprisingly good." I admitted sheepishly.

"It's my favorite." Master Zayn said, sitting down across from me on the small table.

The table in the private dining room on Master Zayn's level was covered with different plates of fruits and foods, and I looked up at him questioningly. "Who's going to eat all this?"

He paused. "How about we play a game?"

I raised an eyebrow. "What kind of game?"

"Close your eyes, and you have to guess the food I feed you."

I bit my lip. "Alright."

"Come here."

I got up and walked around the table to his side. He patted his leg, motioning for me to sit down.

I eyed him warily, but obeyed, and took a seat on his lap. He turned me around so that I was facing him, straddling him.

"Close your eyes."

I closed my eyes again, and immediately, something cold pressed against my lips. I took a bite, savoring the sweetness. "Strawberry...?"

"Correct."

I felt him fumble beneath me as he reached for another item of food, and then something else pressed against my lips. I carefully took a bite. "Cheddar cheese." I said confidently.

"Correct again." I could hear the smile on his lips as he spoke.

I smiled, internally cheering. "Yay!"

Another thing pressed to my lips - the texture completely different than what I was expecting.

It was rough, but soft. Smooth, and masculine. Zayn's lips.

I immediately brought my hands through his hair, pulling him closer to me.

Within seconds, he pulled away, a low, dark growl emanating from within his throat. "Dammit, Abigail! You make it so hard for me to control myself."

I frowned, and he only returned the frown. "Get off, Abigail. Before I get excited." He pushed me off his lap, and I blushed deeply.

"Sorry."

"Finish eating, so I can take you to Liam to get a new brace, yeah?"

"Yes, sir."

--

"So you got it wet?" Liam eyed me questioningly.

"Yeah, sorry." I apologized. "Although it really wasn't my fault." I shrugged.

"It's fine. I'll take it off, but I'm going to put a cast on instead. It'll heal your wrist faster."

I nodded. "Alright."

As he carefully began to remove the brace from my hand, the door of the room opened, and in walked a head of dark curls.

"Harry!"

"Abby! Are you okay? Did you get in trouble?" He said, his green eyes worried. He was dressed in his teal scrubs again, with a stethoscope hanging around his neck.