When Words Fail > Natsu Dragneel <

Where Natsu and his mute best friend have an amazing relationship

(E/C) - Eye Colour

My reward for finishing this one shot was the last episode of Season 1; Fairy tail... Teehee:)

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

You don't exactly remember what happened. All you did know, was that when you were about seven years old, you were left outside of a guild- bloodied and beaten.

Your parents abandoned you there for unknown reasons and just as you were well on your way to kick the bucket- an young man found you.

He had pink hair and you remember seeing what looked like a little, blue cat flying around him. The concern and worry in his eyes actually woke something inside you, forcing you to fight that little bit longer so he could take you to the infirmary where they fixed you up.

Ten years later, here you were apart of the Fairy Tail guild that was now your home.

The people took care of you and treated you like family no matter what. They couldn't find out why you never talked- that caused some of them to become a bit cautious around you but the guy with the pink hair and kind eyes never seemed to doubt you.

His eyes and his adorable face actually convinced you to stay, no matter how many times you wanted to leave because you always thought you were a burden. The fact that your own parents abandoned you always stuck in the back of your mind and always held you down, making you think that everyone else would do that to you too.

And so, later on the guild grew fairly comfortable by your quiet and peaceful presence and they actually were okay with you being a selective mute.

It also gave them the opportunity to look into your harmless eyes and express their deepest thoughts and feelings. You always allowed them to anyway seeing as how you wouldn't speak and you were happy that they could freely confide in you.

Though you wouldn't speak- most of them could read you like a book. It often annoyed you but it also made you happy in some way- like they decided to get to know you enough to know what you were thinking and what you would possibly say if you could.

There was one person though, the one person who saved you and brought you back to life- literally and metaphorically.

Natsu Dragneel - the fire dragon slayer who was always attached to your hip. The guild actually grew worried when you two weren't together. He spoke for you and to you and the fact that he saved your life gave you more reason to give into his charms and owe your life to him.

You could swear that every time you saw his wide, goofy smile or his determined and assertive eyes that you were falling in love with him more and more everyday.

It just seemed to all click and it felt so right but you were scared that your emotions and your eyes would give away your true feelings.
Speak of the devil, and he shall arrive;

"(Y/N)! I'm back!"

You heard his loud voice through the guild from your seat at the bar where Mira was casually speaking to you. You weren't really sure what about at this point but since you couldn't speak, she just shrugged it off and continued because of your calm and comforting nature.
You stared at Mira and then back at Natsu who staring right into your (E/C) eyes. Mira grew a knowing smirk on her face when the red blush took over yours.