Chapter 88

Josh POV

We spend the next few weeks with the tour and are now on the plane home. I look at Colleen sleeping beside me. She is pale. I see her nose start to bleed a bit. "Holy shit" I say waking her. "Colleen wake up" I say panicked. She opens her eyes. "Your nose babe" I say holding kleenex up to it. "Do you have a headache? Did you take your blood pressure pills?" I ask. "No headache. I forgot my pills" she says. This is so dangerous in the air with someone who has had a stroke. "Kory I need her meds" I say but Kory is already beside me. I grab them and make her swallow them. We are about 30 minutes away from landing. "Colleen we are going to the hospital when we land. Don't argue" I say sternly. She nods holding my hand. Her feet are swelling. I am loosing it. Gwen is sitting on the other side of her trying to control herself. Finally we land. They hold all other passengers to wait as an emergency team meets us and pull her off first. They put her on oxygen and a blood pressure cuff as she lays on the stretcher. She is sweating. "Babe" I say running beside her holding her hand as Kory and Gwen take the kids. "Mr Evans her blood pressure is sky high" one of the paramedics says as they load her into the ambulance. "Any chance she is pregnant?" He asks me. "No" I say as he gets an injection ready. "I am" Colleen whispers grabbing me. "You are what babe?" I say leaning down to her. "Josh I am pregnant" she says watching my reaction. I start to cry. "Colleen what? How? We never talked about this? Its so dangerous! Why???  She is pregnant" I say as the paramedic holds off of her injection. My head is spinning. This is no time to freak out about the pregnancy. They roll her into an emergency team to work on her in the hospital. Chest monitors go on. My poor baby. Her nose starts to bleed again and I start to cry. They start her on an IV. Finally her blood pressure comes down. "Need to check this baby" the doctor says as I stare at the ultrasound screen in shock and I see the image. "Baby is ok guys" he says smiling turning off the machine. "Looks like you are about 5 weeks along" he says. Everyone leaves and I pull up a chair to a semi conscious Colleen. "Josh I didn't trick you with this baby. I'm sorry" she says crying as her heart beat machine starts speeding up. I stand up and rub her cheek. "Colleen calm babe. I just want to know how" I say. I hear the machines calm down. "I stopped my last type of birth control med because the doctor said the Botox wouldn't take as well so we switched. We were unprotected for just a few days. I thought we were ok" she cries. She looks terrified. "You want to keep it baby? What about your uterine wall? Will the surgery hold?" I ask kissing her cheek. "I don't know. I just found out this morning that I was pregnant and called the specialist. I was making an appointment to see him tomorrow and then tell you. I'm sorry Joshua" she says. I kiss her hand. "We will figure this out ok?" I say. "I just want you safe" I say.