Chapter 55

Josh POV

The next few days Lily is getting better. The tubes have come out of her nose and her lung is the best it will be. Colleen and I decided to get her an expensive treatment via injections to rebuild her lung but it wasn't fully accepted yet in the medical industry. We had the best pulmonary specialist for children directing us on what we should do and both Colleen and I trusted him. It turned out that his guidance made Lily back to as normal of a little kid as she ever will be just days later. We were both thrilled.

Today Lily was being released from hospital and it was two days before her birthday party. My parents came to the hospital the last few days she was here and helped Colleen and I out at home cooking and cleaning. We were both eternally grateful for all of our parents. I was getting Lily dressed as everything was being packed up. I scooped her up and we all walked out of this hospital as a family. I was thrilled. Colleen and her mom were hugging and I looked back and saw my parents smiling at me as we walked through the halls. Pure bliss.

The day of the party was hectic. Colleen was racing around and putting up streamers and balloons as family started to show up. We made tons of food and Lily loved being with everyone. She was so happy. I looked over at Colleen but she quickly turned around and walked down the hall. I followed her concerned as she ducked into our room. I followed her and startled her as she didn't realize I saw her. "You ok?" I ask grabbing for her. She nods and turns to me crying. "Baby?" I ask. "I am happy. Just love watching her" she whispers. I smile knowing she is overjoyed. "She is home sweetheart" I say as I kiss her passionately. "Thank you for our daughter babe" I say. She smiles and kisses me again as we back up against the wall and continue kissing. We break it and just stare at each other smiling. I pull her out of our bedroom and we rejoin the party. Our family and friends are an amazing support team for us. They know this first year was difficult to say the least. The party ends a few hours later and Colleen has put Lily to bed. My parents and I are sitting in the living room watching a movie as Colleen comes to join us. She lays in my arms and we snuggle on the couch together. "Joshua" my mom asks. I look at her for her to continue. "When is my next grandbaby coming?" she asks smiling as Colleen laughs. "I am ready when he is" Colleen says looking at me. I don't laugh but get serious. "Mom, Colleen will need surgery before we conceive the next baby. I don't know if I can put her through that" I say getting emotional. Colleen is rubbing my back. "Joshua, Colleen told me all about it this afternoon. She will be fine. You need to be a daddy again. You were made to be a daddy" my mom continues. Colleen is smiling at me as my heart is filled with love. "Thank you Momma" I say wiping a tear. Colleen leans into me and kisses my lips as we get up to go to bed. I shut the door behind us. "Okay babe lets get your surgery booked and see what's involved" I say closing my eyes as I lean against the door not believing I am agreeing to this. I hear Colleen cry. I open my eyes. "Thank you baby" she says happily running into my arms as I hug her. I hope everything works out on this decision.