16. Grey Sweatshirt

Shawn stood at my door, waiting to pick me up to go to the fundraiser event tonight. I was bustling around my room, trying to get on the sleek black dress the wardrobe team picked out for me. My makeup was done, my silver bracelet was on, it was just time to zip up this stiff zipper.

"Jules? You okay in there?" Shawn wondered, as he heard me grumbling through the door.

"Uh, yeah, fine!" I shouted.

The zipper would not budge. I groaned again in frustrating and dropped the zipper.

"Need help?"

"No," I shook my head, even though he couldn't see me. I tried one more time to no avail and sighed.

He cleared his throat.

"Fine," I said, defeated. "Come in."

He pushed open the door and chuckled, when he saw me reaching around to get at my zipper. He walked closer and put his hands on my shoulder's to turn me around so my back faced him. His touch was warm, and my stomach fluttered.

He jiggled the zipper and it came loose from where it was caught. He slowly zipped it up until his fingers grazed my neck. My whole body shivered.

I turned around, and he leaned in to kiss me on the lips.

"It's funny how fast a relationship can change," I whispered.

He smiled, slightly. "Yeah, it's weird."

"I mean, one minute we're best friends, and the next we're –"

He cut me off by kissing me again.

"Come on, let's just go," he said. He took my hand and pulled me towards the door. We made our way downstairs and there was a limo waiting outside for all of us.

Fifth Harmony, the Vamps, Shawn, Austin, and I all got in and we were seated in this spacious, black car. I looked around, as Camila started popping champagne and passing it around the circle.

Shawn took my hand and held it all the way there.

Before we got out of the car, Shawn held me back. I turned to stare at him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Just go with the flow out there," he warned. "There's going to be a lot of bright camera flashes, and everything's going to be super overwhelming. But, don't worry, I'm here."

I grinned, happily, and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay," I breathed.

"And whatever happens, happens."

"What do you mean?"

"Like," he continued, "if something weird or unexpected happens, just go with it. Don't act like you're phased."

I nodded. I fixed the curls in my hair and took in a deep breath. As soon as we got out of the limo, people were shouting, screaming my name, Shawn's name, everyone's name.

I didn't know what to do, how to act. I went numb and let Shawn drag me down the carpet.

We stopped to take a picture.

"Smile," he whispered in my ear, and I did as I was told. I put my arm around his waist and held on tightly.

"Julia, Shawn!" a cameraman yelled. We looked in his direction.

Andrew came up beside Shawn and whispered something in his ear. Shawn nodded, and there was so much other noise I couldn't hear what he was saying. Shawn turned towards me and I desperately wanted to ask what was going on, but there wasn't time.